Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: SOLVED: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans (/t-solved-jellyfin-no-longer-updating-libraries-after-scans)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - CRS10114 - 2024-07-21

Hello,

Just as the title states, my Jellyfin server is no longer updating my libraries when new videos are added. Pastebin of my most recent log: https://pastebin.com/wdnycLF3

I'm currently on version 10.9.7 installed through TrueNAS SCALE. My media folder is passed through to Jellyfin from the NAS directly.

The issue started a few days ago (or at least that's when I noticed it) when I added some files, but they had yet to show up even after the regular scan job had completed. I also noticed that after renaming some video files, they are no longer available to stream.

I have tried doing a full library scan from the dashboard, along with running a scan for each folder individually (both "scan for new and updated files" and "replace all metadata" scans). Of course I have tried restarting the Jellfyin app as well. Nothing has worked so far.

I accessed the docker shell for my Jellyfin app to make sure Jellyfin still had access to the folders, and it does. Below is what is produced when I type ls -l in the command line:

drwxrwxr-x 11 568 568 11 Jul 17 13:04 anime
drwxrwxr-x 20 568 568 20 Jul 16 23:41 anime_movies
drwxrwxr-x   6 568 568  6 Jul 16 16:23 data
drwxrwxr-x   5 568 568 15 Jun 27 09:55 live_recordings
drwxrwxr-x 75 568 568 75 Jul 16 17:52 movies
drwxrwxr-x 24 568 568 26 Feb 29 22:21 music
drwxrwxr-x   5 568 568 31 Jun 26 10:36 music_streams
drwxrwxr-x   2 568 568 13 Feb 29 22:22 music_videos
drwxrwxr-x 58 568 568 58 Jul 17 09:25 tv

Everything seems to be set up correctly, and up until a few days ago, there wasn't any issue with scanning for folders.

All clients are able to connect to the server, though they all are unable to see the new files or stream the renamed files.

Please let me know if there more information is needed from me. Thank you for any assistance provided.

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-21

Are you using the Truenas Scale community app? Or are you using the Jellyfin official image and running it as a custom container?
And just to make sure, the user for the app is set to the app user (568 ) right?

Do you have real-time monitoring enabled on the libraries?

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-21

Also, since you are using custom season name folders, you should upgrade to 10.9.8 since there is a fix for that. Also, what metadata sources are you using?

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - CRS10114 - 2024-07-21

@Efficient_Good_5784: I have always used the TrueNAS community app, but the TrueCharts apps have been nuked so I wouldn't be able to use them anyway.

TrueNAS apps are run in their own docker containers, and the 568 user/group is applied by default for each app.

Real-time monitoring is enabled for all libraries.

@TheDreadPirate: Unfortunately, the current Jellyfin version for TrueNAS is 10.9.7, so that's all I have at the moment. I have tried using the docker shell to update it, but it doesn't work that way apparently. I could try creating a Debian VM to run Jellyfin, though I don't know if I'd be able to allocate enough resources to that VM for it to run properly. At that point, I would consider getting a used office SFF PC to run as Jellyfin server and just point it to my NAS.

I am using Shoko, AniDB, TMDB, and TVDB.

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-21

Some of the errors I was seeing was that it couldn't contact Shoko for metadata. So that may be the issue. Try switching the priorities of your providers.

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-21

(2024-07-21, 08:55 PM)CRS10114 Wrote: @TheDreadPirate: Unfortunately, the current Jellyfin version for TrueNAS is 10.9.7, so that's all I have at the moment. I have tried using the docker shell to update it, but it doesn't work that way apparently.
Truenas Scale lets you pull custom images through the app section GUI.

It's entirely possible to run your own custom Jellyfin app, so you can instantly start using v10.9.8 if you wanted.

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - CRS10114 - 2024-07-22

@TheDreadPirate I'll take a look into that.

@Efficient_Good_5784 I am aware of the custom app function, though I was hoping to avoid having to redo my Jellyfin server if possible. I will try changing the metadata providers first. If it doesn't work out after that, then I'll consider starting over with Jellyfin as a custom app.

Thank you both. I'll report back once I have some time.

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - CRS10114 - 2024-07-22

Removing Shoko did the trick! To clarify, I removed the Shoko plugin. It was still showing as a metadata provider, so I unchecked it and moved it down to the bottom of the list.

Everything has finally updated. Thanks again!!!

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - metropical - 2024-08-29

I'm having the same issue with music adds.
But TrueNAS is gibberish to me.
Is there a good read for the TrueNAS illiterate, or is it a deep dive?

RE: Jellyfin no longer updating libraries after scans - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-29

Share your jellyfin logs via pastebin.