Jellyfin Forum
Lost "next up" history after update - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Lost "next up" history after update (/t-lost-next-up-history-after-update)

Lost "next up" history after update - mtanaka - 2024-08-02

I'm running jellyfin in docker on debian. A few weeks ago I upgraded from 10.8.x (forgot the exact version) to 10.9.6.
Everything worked great but it seems to have affected the "next up" display both on web and on android TV (nvidia shield). I've since upgraded again to 10.9.8 which is the latest at the time of writing this and it didn't help.

The quantity of items being shown was drastically cut down. Currently on web my next up list on the home screen only shows 6 items. If I click on "next up" it shows many (21) more though some are still missing. On my nvidia shield it's displaying 11 shows here. Before upgrading I could scroll sideways for days through my in-progress shows.

If I complete a show from the ones shown on the home screen, it doesn't clear up a slot for another item to appear it just removes this item from the list (so it would display 5 instead of 6). If I start up a new show or click un-watch/watch (the checkmark button on the episode) a show I know I had in progress then it appears on the lists again and works as expected (so it would show 7 instead of 6 in this case).

Adding a new episode to a show that was in progress also works as expected and has it appear in the list properly.

In my user settings the "max days in next up" setting is set to 999.

I don't have the exact number of shows I had in progress before the upgrades but it was well over 30.

Short of trying to figure out everything I was watching in progress and manually unwatch/watch the latest episode I was on is there a way to fix this? or is it actually a bug and I just have to wait for an update? My watch history is fine I've checked many shows that I either completed or partially completed and all of that data is intact. 

The problem is there's a lot of shows I put on the back burner that I don't necessarily remember their titles, that no longer show up at all (even if I click "next up" to get the full list) so finding them to checkmark the last episode I watched will be very annoying.

Thanks,

RE: Lost "next up" history after update - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-02

Without the log from the day you upgraded to 10.9.6, this may be hard to diagnose. My first guess is that part of your library was inaccessible, for whatever reason, and when 10.9.6 started those inaccessible items were removed from your library for a period of time. In the process scrubbing your watch history for them.

Could you share your full jellyfin log via pastebin? Maybe the current log has something that could point to the root problem?

RE: Lost "next up" history after update - mtanaka - 2024-08-02

Is there a way to quickly sanitize the log file? I have a lot of family events videos in some libraries with names of people and locations close to where we live, and they appear all over the logs, so I can not upload that.

RE: Lost "next up" history after update - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-02

(2024-08-02, 03:16 PM)mtanaka Wrote: Is there a way to quickly sanitize the log file? I have a lot of family events videos in some libraries with names of people and locations close to where we live, and they appear all over the logs, so I can not upload that.
If you use Windows, you can copy paste it into a simple notepad text file, the use "ctrl+h" to find and replace. You can mass "replace all" things it finds too.

Just make sure to find all variations of the names you think you used on your files. And don't forget to disable the "match case" option so that upper and lower case spelling won't matter.