Jellyfin Forum
Too Many Errors on Firestick - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Too Many Errors on Firestick (/t-too-many-errors-on-firestick)

Too Many Errors on Firestick - rootman - 2024-08-12

EDIT:  It resolved itself, between the day I posted this and now 8/26/24 there were 2 or 3 Jellyfin app updates, the last one fixed the error.
Apologies for not keeping up with the post, life and health got in the way. 

I used to be good at this stuff, but I am having trouble playing back on of my favorite TV shows all of a sudden. I have a TV show that I just watched 4 episodes of in the last 2 weeks and now it won't play, even the 4 episodes I already watch won't play back again. I flashes a "Too Many Errors" error and goes back to the episode window.  I've watched this TV show all the way through at least 6 or 8 times over the years. Everything else I try on it works.

I have Jellyfin on a Windows server 10.9.9 (just updated today problem was on 10.9.6 too)
Firestick 3rd Generation - checked for updates, deleted Jellyfin app and reinstalled
Fire OS 7.6.73
Transcoding is enabled
No new log shows for this TV show in Jellyfin for this show through the Firestick, the rror pops up instantly and no log is produced, although it DOES show for other TV shows and movies played on the Firestick
I've tried other episodes and seasons of the same show, NONE play
I CAN play the show on my Windows laptop the Jellyfin media player,on the same laptop and browser.
A log is generated for the successful play from the laptop playing in either the Windows JF player or a browser browser as BOTH work on the same file that fails on the Firestick.

Attached is the logs. As I can't get a log for th efailed session on the Firestick, non is attached.  It's odd that it worked days ago, but the same episodes I just watched, I can't even play any more. I'm afraid I've lost a lot of my troubleshooting skills, I have Parkinson's and I'm afraid my cognitive issues are keeping me from seeing what to do.  I've had this same server and files for years.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  If you have a fix can you give me explicit directions on how to do the fix?

RE: Too Many Errors on Firestick - theguymadmax - 2024-08-12

What card are you using? Unless it's a newer card you probably can't encode in AV1. Go to Dashboard -> Playback-> Transcoding, unselect “Allow encoding in AV1 format”.

RE: Too Many Errors on Firestick - rootman - 2024-08-12

I ad turned both on while trying to fix this and forgot to turn them back off. I just now did and updated my post and attached a log from startup and when the file played on my laptops browser. It never produces a log when it fails on the Firestick.

RE: Too Many Errors on Firestick - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-12

What Jellyfin for Android TV version are you using? 0.17.1?

Can you open the Jellyfin app on your TV and in the developer options there should be an option to send logs to the server.

And can you list out the full codec info for the video? Does this happen with all videos or just some?

RE: Too Many Errors on Firestick - theguymadmax - 2024-08-12

Could you provide a screenshot of your transcoding settings? And what are your server specs? Additionally, in the Jellyfin app on your Android TV client, ensure that under Settings -> Playback, the Audio Output is set to "Direct."