Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted (/t-solved-playlist-cannot-be-deleted)

Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - pixel24 - 2024-08-14

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with one of my playlists. When I click on the options menu for this specific playlist, the delete option is not available, whereas it is for all the other playlists.
I checked the server's file system, and I found three directories related to this playlist:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx 2 jellyfin domain users  26 14. Aug 13:55 '025  Meine Playlist'
drwxrwxrwx 2 jellyfin domain users  26 14. Aug 13:55 '025  Meine Playlist1'
drwxrwxrwx 2 jellyfin domain users  26 14. Aug 13:55 '025  Meine Playlist11'

The GID "domain users" is used because Jellyfin runs with these group permissions on this Debian 12 system. This is necessary since the SMB shares on the file server belong to this group. Playlists I create in Jellyfin are also created with this owner/group:

Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 jellyfin domain users  26 14. Aug 13:22 'zz010  Schlummerland'
drwxr-xr-x 2 jellyfin domain users  26 14. Aug 13:28 'zz020  Barstars'
drwxr-xr-x 2 jellyfin domain users  26 14. Aug 13:26 'zz040  Lagerfeuer'

For the playlist that cannot be deleted, I ran:
Code:
chmod -R 777 Playlist*
but this did not resolve the issue.

How can I remove this playlist?

with best

RE: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-14

Are you the creator/owner in Jellyfin?  The only way I've been able to not have the delete option is on my test user who doesn't own any of the playlists.

RE: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - pixel24 - 2024-08-14

Yes, I created the playlist.

RE: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-14

Have you reinstalled jellyfin at any point since making these playlists?

Yes, I installed Jellyfin on a new Debian VM and migrated the data. I compared the playlists and found that the playlist that cannot be deleted had a different Owner ID than those created after the migration.

I adjusted the Owner ID accordingly and restarted the VM, but I still can't delete the playlist.

RE: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-14

I would try deleting them directly directly in the config folder location if all else fails.

Here's how it currently looks. The playlist in question exists in the filesystem three times:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx 2 jellyfin domain users 26 14. Aug 17:41 '025 My Playlist'
drwxrwxrwx 2 jellyfin domain users 26 14. Aug 17:41 '025 My Playlist1'
drwxrwxrwx 2 jellyfin domain users 26 14. Aug 17:42 '025 My Playlist11'

I don't understand why Jellyfin created these three versions. I deleted all three, but the playlist is still showing up in the Web UI. I then ran the "Clean Library and Playlists" script as an admin in the backend, but the playlist is still displayed. Finally, I restarted the VM, but that didn't change anything either.

RE: Playlist Cannot Be Deleted - pixel24 - 2024-08-15

This morning, the playlist was no longer visible in the web UI. It seems that Jellyfin performs some sort of cleanup, and you just have to wait for a while.

So, the issue is resolved.