Jellyfin Forum
Problems running 10.9.x releases - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Problems running 10.9.x releases (/t-problems-running-10-9-x-releases)

Pages: 1 2 3

Problems running 10.9.x releases - proteus - 2024-08-17

I can't find a way to get jellyfin working for me again. I have my server hosted on windows and since the 10.9.x version came out I have not been able to upgrade anymore as I can't get it to work for me, for this reason all this time I have been forced to stay on the 10.8.13 version. Now the biggest problem is that the latest update of the official jellyfin (client for google tv on my smart tv) forces me to update my server to the latest version to continue using it, so I have been left without access to my content due to lack of compatibility.

When I first installed the 10.9.9.9 start perfectly but when trying to make a scan always gave ‘Error’, so it is impossible to add / update any new content (series, movies ...), then at some point when trying to start the server again this immediately makes the memory happens to occupy 100% and the computer stops working, thus forcing me to make a forced shutdown, as a result never reopen and I have no access

Based on all this my question would be: Is there really any solution to make version 10.9.9 work properly? I could easily stay on version 10.8.13 but unfortunately I need to be able to play my media on the tv, as it is the only device my family uses to watch all my media.

On a side note, I've tried everything from upgrading from the previous version (with a backup to keep my server configured) to uninstalling everything and doing a clean install of the latest 10.9.9 and I still have the same problems.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me in trying to solve this problem.

RE: Problems running 10.9.x releases - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-17

You're going to need to upgrade to the latest version, make the error(s) happen again, then share the server logs found in the dashboard.

You can use a site like pastebin to share them here. If they're too big for pastebin, you can also just zip them up and share here as an attachment.

RE: Problems running 10.9.x releases - proteus - 2024-08-17

(2024-08-17, 05:00 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: You're going to need to upgrade to the latest version, make the error(s) happen again, then share the server logs found in the dashboard.

You can use a site like pastebin to share them here. If they're too big for pastebin, you can also just zip them up and share here as an attachment.

If so then I will not be able to have any solution, because as I clearly mentioned, now when I try to start the jellyfin server in its version 10.9.9 in a matter of seconds it saturates the memory to 100% causing my computer to stop working. If it does not start and I do not have access to its interface how can it create a log file?

(2024-08-17, 05:22 PM)proteus Wrote: If so then I will not be able to have any solution, because as I clearly mentioned, now when I try to start the jellyfin server in its version 10.9.9 in a matter of seconds it saturates the memory to 100% causing my computer to stop working. If it does not start and I do not have access to its interface how can it create a log file?
Log files are saved in the config folder under the "log" folder. I would navigate there. Jellyfin should log what it's doing despite you not being able to access it.

RE: Problems running 10.9.x releases - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-17

What are the specs of your PC?

(2024-08-17, 05:38 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote:
(2024-08-17, 05:22 PM)proteus Wrote: If so then I will not be able to have any solution, because as I clearly mentioned, now when I try to start the jellyfin server in its version 10.9.9 in a matter of seconds it saturates the memory to 100% causing my computer to stop working. If it does not start and I do not have access to its interface how can it create a log file?
Log files are saved in the config folder under the "log" folder. I would navigate there. Jellyfin should log what it's doing despite you not being able to access it.

I did that long before writing here and as far as I understand the last log that was created was from the only version that works without problems (10.8.13), after installing 10.9.9 no new log has been created, but in any case you can see it yourself and check please.

RE: Problems running 10.9.x releases - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-17

What are the specs of the server and what version of Windows?

(2024-08-17, 08:20 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: What are the specs of the server and what version of Windows?

Core i5 processor
(Integrated graphics)
16 GB of RAM
Windows 10

I only play 1080p content without transcoding, although I do not think that this implies any inconvenience since the problem is in the scanning of the library and later in not being able to start the server without it collapsing.

Can you try installing updating the server without transferring the old configuration folder?
As in, see if you can start over from 0 with the configurations.

Just make sure to backup your old configuration files so you can restore later.

RE: Problems running 10.9.x releases - proteus - 2024-08-18

(2024-08-17, 11:03 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Can you try installing updating the server without transferring the old configuration folder?
As in, see if you can start over from 0 with the configurations.

Just make sure to backup your old configuration files so you can restore later.

I tried that and it didn't work.

Unfortunately I think it's more than obvious that there will be no solution for me, so maybe it's time to accept it and give up Jellyfin for good to regain my peace of mind.

I guess you have to know when to give up too, which is a pity, but being Jellyfin the only one that doesn't work for me there's nothing left but to switch to any other even if it's not to my liking, something that doesn't take my time or stress me out every time a new update comes out thinking what it might damage this time.

Well, it was good while it lasted (at least until before 10.9.x), anyway I am very grateful to everyone here that took their time to try to help me with so little to do it, I hope Jellyfin keeps working for you, and once again thanks for trying.