Jellyfin Forum
New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-announcements)
+--- Forum: Project Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-project-announcements)
+--- Thread: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 (/t-new-jellyfin-server-web-release-10-9-10)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - ReleaseBot - 2024-08-25

We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 10.9.10!

This minor release brings several bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience.

As always, please ensure you stop your Jellyfin server and take a full backup before upgrading!

You can find the full changelogs on the GitHub releases for the server repository and the web repository.

Release prepared with <3 by @joshuaboniface, the rest of the Jellyfin team, and contributors like you.

Happy watching!

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Fate - 2024-08-25

Nice! Love to see more improvements Smiling-face

I updated from 10.9.9 to 10.9.10 on arch without issue.

I only noticed that the Jellyfin Media on PC is still caching some pages. Browsers show it correctly. This did not to appear to affect Android/Android TV anymore.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - gccalvin - 2024-08-25

If you are updating through apt, you probably won't be able to use
Code:
apt-get upgrade

This is because ffmpeg got bumped a version, and the previous one was removed, so a new dependency (updated ffmpeg) is required.

I used aptitude to solve this.

However, I had to rollback to 10.9.9, as the Windows Jellyfin Media Client had a UI issue where any overlay menus weren't coming up. I could play media, but not access the dashboard or any menus other than "Home."

I'll wait to see if other people report similarly before trying to update again.

Thank you for the server updates!

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - KodiUser1138 - 2024-08-25

So no fix to the issues with Collections not refreshing from the XML files?

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - martyc1981 - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 04:17 PM)gccalvin Wrote: If you are updating through apt, you probably won't be able to use
Code:
apt-get upgrade

This is because ffmpeg got bumped a version, and the previous one was removed, so a new dependency (updated ffmpeg) is required.

However, I had to rollback to 10.9.9, as the Windows Jellyfin Media Client had a UI issue where any overlay menus weren't coming up. I could play media, but not access the dashboard or any menus other than "Home."

I'll wait to see if other people report similarly before trying to update again.

Could you explain how to roll back to 10.9.9. I'm having major problems with 10.9.10.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - gccalvin - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 09:54 PM)martyc1981 Wrote:
(2024-08-25, 04:17 PM)gccalvin Wrote: If you are updating through apt, you probably won't be able to use
Code:
apt-get upgrade

Could you explain how to roll back to 10.9.9. I'm having major problems with 10.9.10.

Unfortunately, I don't think Jellyfin has any built-in backup restore functionality. I use Proxmox, and Jellyfin is on a dedicated Debian virtual machine. As part of Proxmox the virtual machines perform backups multiple times a day, so I just used one of those.

I would suggest looking through the forum for others that have had to revert, as they may have found a solution outside of rebuilding from scratch.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 07:08 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote: So no fix to the issues with Collections not refreshing from the XML files?
All the things that have been changed for a new release can be seen on the github release pages.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/releases
https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-web/releases

Same for the clients. Just find their github page to see what changed for a new version.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - TH35 - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 07:08 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote: So no fix to the issues with Collections not refreshing from the XML files?

Is this a "bug" or a new intended behaviour? Cause I don't see a bug report for this on git.

Context: I just upgraded to 10.9.10 and on reviewing, just realized that half my collection contents are missing. It's not related to 10.9.10, as the change seems to have happened on 8/10/24 - but I have backups, and my usual practice would be to just copy the old collection data into the collection folder and do a re-scan or even a restart of Jellyfin.

However, this isn't picking up the new data anymore. The replaced xmls are sitting in the folders with all of the movies in them, but in Jellyfin, they aren't re-added.

I can manually add stuff back, but I have one or two collections that are like 70 films that have no specific keywords in common and would take a long time to go through one at a time and add back manually.

Editing the xmls and refreshing used to be my main way of fixing problems with my collection files.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Daivy03 - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-25, 09:26 AM)Fate Wrote: Nice! Love to see more improvements Smiling-face

I updated from 10.9.9 to 10.9.10 on arch without issue.

I only noticed that the Jellyfin Media on PC is still caching some pages. Browsers show it correctly. This did not to appear to affect Android/Android TV anymore.

I noticed the same, the media player for PC is broken in almost all pages after latest update (server 10.9.10 and web 10.9.8 ) . Obv browser versions arent affected Confounded-face

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Manu Tejero - 2024-08-26

Thanks!

But LG TV app still not working fine… Can't scroll at Live TV Guide! With previous versions of Jellyfin I could do it

Therefore, channels take too long loading… sometimes about a minute!! With previous versions were a couple of seconds…