Jellyfin Forum
media path error - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: media path error (/t-media-path-error)

media path error - vivisho - 2024-08-29

Dear friends,

I have been running Jellyfin server on windows server 2022. 
After a few updates including the latest version v10.9.10, Jellfyin is acting up and I run into a big problem. 
Whenever I add a new library and scan the media, I run into the problem with Jellyfin saying "There was an error adding the media path and please ensure the path is valid and Jellyfin has access to that location"
Before the recent updates, I never had such problem. 
Can anyone kindly help me how to troubleshoot this problem?

Best Regards, 

RE: media path error - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-29

Is the X drive a local drive or a network share?

RE: media path error - vivisho - 2024-08-30

(2024-08-29, 04:00 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Is the X drive a local drive or a network share?

X drive is a network share drive ( WebDAV) mounted with raidrive.
The latest JF update is working well on windows 10. This tricky problem is happening on windows server.

RE: media path error - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-30

Jellyfin doesn't make the determination whether it has permission to access a file/folder or not. Windows does.

When you upgraded from, I'm assuming 10.8.13, did you use the same install type? Which install type is that? A standard install or service install? If it is a service install, what user is the service running as? Does that user have access to the X drive?

I'm not familiar with raidrive. From their site it looks like you set the permissions of for the mount in the raidrive UI. I'm not sure how granular that permission control is.

Can you share your full jellyfin logs via pastebin?

RE: media path error - vivisho - 2024-08-30

(2024-08-30, 01:45 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Jellyfin doesn't make the determination whether it has permission to access a file/folder or not.  Windows does.

When you upgraded from, I'm assuming 10.8.13, did you use the same install type?  Which install type is that?  A standard install or service install?  If it is a service install, what user is the service running as?  Does that user have access to the X drive?

I'm not familiar with raidrive.  From their site it looks like you set the permissions of for the mount in the raidrive UI.  I'm not sure how granular that permission control is.

It seems like  I have lost the log of the day I updated Jellyfin. 

No, I upgraded from the version 10.9.xx. I upgraded to the latest version on windows home edition as well. It works perfect on that.

I just downloaded the latest version and installed it with the existing settings. Upon installation, there was no option like a standard install or a service install. I just simply rolled over the old version. The weird thing is It didn't work just on windows server. All users have been given full control over permissions. Here can you guide me how to do a standard install or a service install.

I think It has nothing to do with the mounted drive X. Jellyfin can access X drive straight on another windows without any tweaks.

Old library still scan and update the new additions. The problem is with the new added library scanning and adding the media.

RE: media path error - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-30

Can you share your full log via pastebin?

RE: media path error - vivisho - 2024-08-31

(2024-08-30, 01:45 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Jellyfin doesn't make the determination whether it has permission to access a file/folder or not.  Windows does.

When you upgraded from, I'm assuming 10.8.13, did you use the same install type?  Which install type is that?  A standard install or service install?  If it is a service install, what user is the service running as?  Does that user have access to the X drive?

I'm not familiar with raidrive.  From their site it looks like you set the permissions of for the mount in the raidrive UI.  I'm not sure how granular that permission control is.

Hi, Nice day!

The log is too long for the pastebin.
So I sent it as a cloud linkJF log . Please kindly check it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13MPVch54YmRe9XDhExrUM2TqQTOxYLF0/view?usp=sharing

RE: media path error - vivisho - 2024-08-31

I think I installed as a basic install.

RE: media path error - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-31

The only suggestion I have is to try running Jellyfin as administrator. The messages I am seeing in your log I've never seen before.