Jellyfin Forum
Item backdrop image after update gone - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Item backdrop image after update gone (/t-item-backdrop-image-after-update-gone)

Item backdrop image after update gone - JayJayZ - 2024-09-04

I haven't updated jellyfin for a long time due to various bugs that I read about in version 10.9.x
Two days ago I updated my server to the latest version and the backgrounds for movies, series, etc. disappeared (as in the screenshot). The logo of the series or movie was on a background that wasn't blurred. It was embedded in:

[Image: dGZUvtP.png]

Code:
<div id="itemBackdrop" class="itemBackdrop"></div>

Unfortunately, it's empty now. Also the javascript script is different from the previous one. Is it possible to get the background of a given movie/series in this DIV tag again?

RE: Item backdrop image after update gone - Ted Hinklater - 2024-09-04

This is a custom theme right? By default, if you click your user picture in Jellyfin, go to Settings > Display and enable Backdrops, it should display. Also clear your cache or Ctrl+F5 to hard reload the page, to be sure.

RE: Item backdrop image after update gone - JayJayZ - 2024-09-04

(2024-09-04, 12:04 PM)Ted Hinklater Wrote: This is a custom theme right? By default, if you click your user picture in Jellyfin, go to Settings > Display and enable Backdrops, it should display. Also clear your cache or Ctrl+F5 to hard reload the page, to be sure.

Yes it's a custom theme. Backdrops are enabled in the settings and clearing the cache was the first thing I did after the update.
file generating the details page for items "itemDetails.[xxx].chunk.js" differs in the section responsible for the tag
Code:
id="itemBackdrop"

old file itemDetails.[xxx].chunk.js:

Code:
var i, n = e.querySelector("#itemBackdrop");
                        t.BackdropImageTags && t.BackdropImageTags.length ? (i = r.getScaledImageUrl(t.Id, {
                            type: "Backdrop",
                            maxWidth: I.ZP.getScreenWidth(),
                            index: 0,
                            tag: t.BackdropImageTags[0]
                        }), b.default.lazyImage(n, i)) : t.ParentBackdropItemId && t.ParentBackdropImageTags && t.ParentBackdropImageTags.length ? (i = r.getScaledImageUrl(t.ParentBackdropItemId, {
                            type: "Backdrop",
                            index: 0,
                            tag: t.ParentBackdropImageTags[0]
                        }), b.default.lazyImage(n, i)) : t.ImageTags && t.ImageTags.Primary ? (i = r.getScaledImageUrl(t.Id, {
                            type: "Primary",
                            tag: t.ImageTags.Primary
                        }), b.default.lazyImage(n, i)) : n.style.backgroundImage = ""

new file:

Code:
                        var i = e.querySelector("#itemBackdrop"),
                            n = (0, U.I)(r, t, {
                                maxWidth: D.Ay.getScreenWidth()
                            }, !1);
                        n ? S.default.lazyImage(i, n) : i.style.backgroundImage = ""

maybe it's just a bug in the new version?

RE: Item backdrop image after update gone - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-09-04

Remove the custom CSS and see if that fixes your issue.

RE: Item backdrop image after update gone - JayJayZ - 2024-09-04

It didn't change anything. Is there a way to get the ID of the currently displayed movie or series via JS script?

RE: Item backdrop image after update gone - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-09-04

(2024-09-04, 05:23 PM)JayJayZ Wrote: It didn't change anything. Is there a way to get the ID of the currently displayed movie or series via JS script?
The movie ID is located in the URL when you're browsing it in the Web UI.

RE: Item backdrop image after update gone - JayJayZ - 2024-09-05

(2024-09-04, 05:34 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 05:23 PM)JayJayZ Wrote: It didn't change anything. Is there a way to get the ID of the currently displayed movie or series via JS script?
The movie ID is located in the URL when you're browsing it in the Web UI.

It's quite obvious, but Javascript doesn't have access to the browser's address bar from the script (haha).
I noticed a certain relationship - in the desktop version of the page (1), the DIV marked with the class and id "itemBackdrop" is empty, but in the mobile version (2) it already contains the proper backdrop
Is it restricted for mobiles? If so, how do I change it so that it is displayed the same way on computer version of website?

[Image: sxk6fa0.png]