Jellyfin Forum
Disable movie grouping - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Disable movie grouping (/t-disable-movie-grouping)

Disable movie grouping - mellofone - 2024-09-13

Plex user of many, many years and have finally decided to give Jellyfin a try. So far so good with my Movie collection with only some minor fixups for metadata matching. However, is there a way to disable the movie grouping or collections? Sorry if I'm not using the proper term. My movies are broken into directories such as movies/Avatar/ with two Avatar movies there. Is the only way to stop jellyfin from grouping those movies together is to move them out of a sub directory? I searched the forums and Google and almost all of the suggestions made no change. The strange part is it is only certain movie groups. Star Wars is setup the same way with sub directories, yet all of the movies are listed separately and not grouped. I tried removing the Avatar's "TheMovieDb Box Set Id" and it made no difference. When adding the library, I made certain that "Automatically add to collection" was unchecked, yet that didn't seem to matter. It is a fresh install on Arch Linux (10.9.10) with no additional plugins added. Any suggestions?

RE: Disable movie grouping - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-13

It sounds like you have the TMDB box set plug installed, which automatically makes collections like you're describing.  If you don't want that functionality, you can either disable the scheduled job or disable/uninstall the plugin.

Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks > Scan library for new box sets.  Click on that task and delete the schedule.

But if you do want collections that you've manually created, this plugin will pull down images for the collections.

RE: Disable movie grouping - mellofone - 2024-09-13

(2024-09-13, 04:56 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: It sounds like you have the TMDB box set plug installed, which automatically makes collections like you're describing.  If you don't want that functionality, you can either disable the scheduled job or disable/uninstall the plugin.

Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks > Scan library for new box sets.  Click on that task and delete the schedule.

But if you do want collections that you've manually created, this plugin will pull down images for the collections.

There is no TMDB box set plugin installed, just TMDB. Under the Scheduled Tasks, there is also no TMDB section in the scheduled tasks. I haven't created any collections.

The Avatar example is, I have a main movies directory, with Avatar as a subdir. Under that are two movies, named "Avatar -  The Way Of Water.mp4"  and "Avatar.mp4". Is it a file naming issue?

RE: Disable movie grouping - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-13

You've accidentally stumbled upon the "multiple versions" syntax.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/movies/#multiple-versions-of-a-movie

I'm assuming you're seeing this in Jellyfin.

If so, you have two options.

1) Simply remove the dash in "Avatar - The Way of the Water".  This should prevent the "multiple versions" trigger.
2) Or, the option I recommend, move The Way of the Water into it's own folder since it is a separate movie.  This is assuming "Avatar.mp4" is the 2006 movie.

RE: Disable movie grouping - theguymadmax - 2024-09-13

It seems like you’re referring to multiple versions rather than collections. Movies should be stored in their own subfolders. If you want to keep this folder structure, make sure that the base name of the movie doesn’t match the folder name, or it will be identified as an alternative version.

Movies
├── Best_Movie_Ever (2019)
│  ├── Best_Movie_Ever (2019) .mp4
│  ├── Best_Movie_Ever (2019) - 720P.mp4

Edit: too slow

RE: Disable movie grouping - mellofone - 2024-09-13

Removing the - did indeed fix the problem, thanks! I should have RTFMed a little better, but I wasn't sure I was using the proper terms with the grouping/collections. Thanks again!