Jellyfin Forum
"Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: "Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there (/t-continue-watching-section-filled-with-movies-that-shouldn-t-be-there)

Pages: 1 2

"Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there - kandykarter - 2024-09-25

For a while now the "Continue Watching" section on my Jellyfin server is being populated by movies that don't belong there. I've attached an image that shows the issue.

As you can see, none of these movies are in a partially watched state. The first three (Beetlejuice, Blink Twice, and Blood Tea & Red String) are the most recently-watched three movies by other users on my server. Past that, most of these are movies that are new to the collection and haven't been watched at all. If I double-click the watched indicator, they'll disappear from the Continue Watching section for a while but eventually return. I can't make sense of it, and it renders this section completely useless.

RE: "Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-25

Are you using the Trakt plugin? Or did you enable saving of watch status in NFOs?

RE: "Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there - kandykarter - 2024-09-25

I am not using trakt in any way. I do have nfo watch status enabled for my admin user, yes.

RE: "Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-25

Can you look at the NFO for one of these videos and check if the "resume" field has a position that is not zero?  Also, are your NFOs externally created or did Jellyfin create them?

RE: "Continue Watching" section filled with movies that shouldn't be there - kandykarter - 2024-09-25

I think the NFO files are generated by Jellyfin, yes.

The relevant section from Beetlejuice:

Quote:  <playcount>1</playcount>
  <watched>true</watched>
  <lastplayed>2024-09-25 13:11:58</lastplayed>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>5525.46</total>
  </resume>

Can you share your full log via pastebin?

(2024-09-25, 04:16 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share your full log via pastebin?

Turns out today's log is still small enough to be an attachment.

I'm wondering if the Kodi syncs are the cause. The watch status they are reporting to the server are conflicting or something.

I thought about that and I suppose it's possible, but it'd be surprising to me, because as I mentioned, the first three are movies that'd been watched recently by other users who don't use kodi at all. The fact that the first three movies shown in Continue Watching are films that users have viewed recently on other clients isn't information my kodi client should even HAVE, right?

Also, I suspect that many of those kodi updates are from when I've been trying to get rid of the false entries, as I usually click the "watched" button twice to kind of reset those entries and get them to disappear, so the "2 updates" entries are likely me setting them as watched/unwatched.