Jellyfin Forum
Error saving Jellyfin settings in TrueNAS Scale - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Error saving Jellyfin settings in TrueNAS Scale (/t-error-saving-jellyfin-settings-in-truenas-scale)

Error saving Jellyfin settings in TrueNAS Scale - Spook50 - 2024-10-12

While troubleshooting my issue of Jellyfin not doing hardware transcoding, I discovered that my Intel GPU allocation was set to 0. Upon setting it to 1 and attempting to save, I received this error message:

[EFAULT] Failed to apply ACLs to the following paths:
1) /mnt/dansnas/ix-applications/releases/jellyfin/volumes/ix_volumes/config: [EPERM] /mnt/dansnas/ix-applications/releases/jellyfin/volumes/ix_volumes/config: path contains existing data and force was not specified
2) /mnt/dansnas/ix-applications/releases/jellyfin/volumes/ix_volumes/cache: [EPERM] /mnt/dansnas/ix-applications/releases/jellyfin/volumes/ix_volumes/cache: path contains existing data and force was not specified

I double checked, and there is no Force Flag option even visible for the config or cache paths (though I DO have ACLs set for those paths), but I still receive this error and my change to the GPU allocation is not applied. I even stopped the Jellyfin app and tried, but received the same error.

I'm currently running Jellyfin 10.9.11 in TrueNAS Scale Dragonfish 24.04.2.1

Given I'm quite inexperienced with this, I'm hoping there's a simple thing that I'm overlooking, but honestly I'm stumped.

RE: Error saving Jellyfin settings in TrueNAS Scale - TheDreadPirate - 2024-10-12

0 does not mean off. Many things in computing identify the first object as zero instead of one.

Set it back to zero.

Also, when you say "troubleshooting" why you aren't hardware transcoding, does that mean you are CPU transcoding? Or not transcoding at all?

Can you share your full jellyfin log via pastebin?

RE: Error saving Jellyfin settings in TrueNAS Scale - Spook50 - 2024-10-12

Well given the error I had been getting referencing the ACLs and the Force Flag option, my Intel GPU setting remained at 0 anyway LOL

I was also mistaken in my understanding of the GPU allocation, as I hadn't realized it was an identifier rather than a quantity. Pie in the face for me there.

I may have inadvertently solved my transcoding issue though. Initially I was trying to figure out why videos that are NOT in a format that my Android phone supports were simply not playing (regardless of whether I used an external player like VLC or Jellyfin's internal player on the phone) rather than transcoding into a format that my phone supports. This led me to assume that Jellyfin was, for whatever reason, not transcoding the videos at all.

As it turned out, I had the Hardware Acceleration under Transcoding set to Intel QSV rather than VAAPI. Out of curiosity I set it to VAAPI and now everything seems to be working as it should. At least so far it is. The real test will be when I try playback from my family's Roku TV across town.....