Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Videotype filter problem - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Videotype filter problem (/t-solved-videotype-filter-problem)

Videotype filter problem - Daimuddah - 2024-10-13

Version: 10.9.11-17 (today I updated but it was the same Problem in the previous version)
Install type: Installed directly on my NAS via 3rd Party Apps in the Synology Package Center
Where does the problem appears: Problem is on Windows Client, Web in Chrome and on Android present (That´s all I have)

Hey, I was wondering if there is a bug or if I did something wrong with my naming scheme.
When I try to filter for 3D movies, it doesn't show all the movies I have in 3D. It doesn't matter if the movie is in a collection, because movies that are not in a collection are not shown either.
And I have checked to see if the movies are not correctly labeled as 3D, but they are. So the correct 3D type like HSBS is already selected in the metadata of the file. So every movie is correctly tagged but if Im on my movie folder and filter for 3D only like half of it shows up.
My naming scheme is like:
Ready Player One (2018)
Movies
└── Ready Player One (2018)
    ├── Ready Player One (2018) -1080p
    ├── Ready Player One (2018) -1080p (3D SBS)
    ├── Ready Player One (2018) -2160p

RE: Videotype filter problem - TheDreadPirate - 2024-10-13

3D movies have a special syntax that your current scheme does not conform to.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/movies/#3d-movies

If I'm reading the "3D + versions" example correctly, this is how it should be named.

Code:
Movies
└── Ready Player One (2018)
    ├── Ready Player One (2018) - 1080p
    ├── Ready Player One (2018) - 3D.hsbs
    ├── Ready Player One (2018) - 2160p

Change "hsbs" to match whichever 3D type the video is. Also keep in mind that the space before and after the dash is important for "versions" detection.

RE: Videotype filter problem - Daimuddah - 2024-10-13

Many thanks for the tip! I'll test that You're right about the spelling. It should be written 3d_sbs or 3d.sbs. However, according to the metadata, Jellyfin recognizes the correct type despite the different spelling.
I just compared this a bit and it seems that if I have three or more versions of a movie, it is not displayed.

I´ll check that!

Edit:
I have tested it and unfortunately it does not change anything. at the same time I have tested my hypothesis with three or more versions and moved a movie that it is not in the folder. After another scan, the movie only had two versions, but even then it was not displayed.
I have already asked a friend and he said that he has the same problem and does not use Jellyfin for 3D.

RE: Videotype filter problem - Daimuddah - 2024-10-13

Every movie is correctly recognized despite the "false" naming scheme. here are two screenshots of my test to rename it what doesn´t work and a screenshot of the metadata that the movie like every other is correctly marked as 3D.

RE: Videotype filter problem - theguymadmax - 2024-10-13

Do you have group folders enabled? If so, it may be related to this bug.

RE: Videotype filter problem - Daimuddah - 2024-10-14

I have not activated the first, i.e. the merging of folders. only the second, that movies that I merge into collections are not individually in the list.
I deactivated it for testing and restarted Jellyfin but the problem remains.

RE: Videotype filter problem - theguymadmax - 2024-10-14

I did a little bit of testing and found that when you have multiple versions and the default entry isn't marked as 3D, the filter won't pick it up, as noted in this issue.

RE: Videotype filter problem - Daimuddah - 2024-10-14

Maybe that could be it. Is there a trick how I can set 3D as the default version?

I think something has changed so the order through adding a number is out of the way
https://forum.jellyfin.org/t-way-to-determine-which-movie-version-jellyfin-will-use-as-default

RE: Videotype filter problem - theguymadmax - 2024-10-15

Versions are sorted alphabetically, but if the filename includes a resolution, they will be ordered from highest to lowest. For example, your files should be sorted like this:

Code:
Ready Player One (2018) - 2160p.mkv
Ready Player One (2018) - 1080p.mkv
Ready Player One (2018) - 1080p 3D HSBS.mkv

However, there are two bugs that complicate the sorting process: 
1. The server always sorts higher resolutions first, even if the filenames don’t include the resolution. 
2. When a resolution is included in the filename, it sorts in reverse alphabetical order.

These issues have been fixed and will be included in the upcoming release of version 10.10.0 at the end of the month. Until then, trying to set the 3D version as the default when multiple resolutions are available—especially if it's not the highest resolution—is impossible.