Jellyfin Forum
Docker-compose + Nextcloud boost? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: Self-hosting & Homelabs (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-self-hosting-homelabs)
+--- Thread: Docker-compose + Nextcloud boost? (/t-docker-compose-nextcloud-boost)

Docker-compose + Nextcloud boost? - bitmap - 2023-08-30

I started with LSIO's container, couldn't get that to run with postgres, so went with the official container. Kept getting "user already has data" despite removing all traces, renaming the database + db container, etc...

My last attempt, I decided to do something a bit different and instead of a) specifying a user for the containers and b) mounting a main folder inside my nextcloud folder in my docker volume (holds all my persistent docker container configs), I tried using the nextcloud folder itself as the /var/www/html mount. Lo and behold, that bastard overwrote everything in that folder, including my compose file.

So I'm back at square one.

Here's the file I'm going to emulate, though just the first three services -- postgres, redis, and Nextcloud. I already run swag, don't need the others (but might need help on how to enable things like LibreOffice or other tools that might be worthwhile). My main concern is the calendaring function, though I'm not sure it's going to suit my needs. I just need to stand it up to try...

Anybody running something similar? Care to share?

RE: Docker-compose + Nextcloud boost? - cewert - 2023-09-01

Quote: Here's the file I'm going to emulate

I think you forgot to link/paste the compose file Smiling-face

What OS are you running docker on? I've had trouble running docker on windows in the past but never had a problem on linux. I'm not familiar with running nextcloud specifically so I don't have any advice but if you post the compose file I'll take a look.

RE: Docker-compose + Nextcloud boost? - bitmap - 2023-09-01

Oh no...no I didn't. When Nextcloud booted on my last attempt, it literally overwrote my file. I did, however, forget to link it. This post was made at the end of an all-nighter and ~18/24 hours spent working during crunch for a project at work. I started working on it again and have what I think will work, but haven't gotten back to it and haven't brought the project back up to see if I can make it function. I also tried to get Cal.com working in docker-compose and that setup is an absolute shit show...plus they apparently don't understand licensing?

Anyway, here's the file I'm attempting to adapt to my use case: https://github.com/nextcloud/docker/blob/master/.examples/docker-compose/with-nginx-proxy/postgres/apache/docker-compose.yml

I can't find anywhere what the second instance labeled cron is good for, how to ensure when running in compose that you can have access to the third-party apps (e.g., LibreOffice or others). Documentation is either intentionally fairly bad to get you to pay for the service or it's just really hard to find...

EDIT: All my personal machines are Linux, currently everything is Ubuntu of one flavor or another. High-powered server in my signature is minimized Ubuntu 23.04, low-powered back-end is minimized 22.04 LTS, desktop is Lubuntu 22.04 LTS.

RE: Docker-compose + Nextcloud boost? - bitmap - 2023-09-05

Here's my actual compose file. Keep in mind it's extended out to a main compose file, where "depends_on" must live, so those are properly implemented for the main app and cron containers.

Code:
version: '3'

services:
  nxcdb:
    image: postgres:alpine
    container_name: nxcdb
    restart: unless-stopped
    volumes:
      - "${USERDIR}/docker/nextcloud/db:/var/lib/postgresql/data:Z"
    env_file:
      - .env

nxcr: