A few random feature questions

Hello there guys,

i’m a new and extremely happy Jellyfin user :slight_smile:

I am running it on a ubuntu desktop server, and reverse proxy with https with caddy everything is running fine. On my clients i mainly use Kodi due to it’s great codec support.

Now i have a few questions which might maybe improve the already great experience:

1- what can i still do to improve the server security wise? Running a VPN Client on the server and forward the ports to Jellyfin for example?

2- when i am setting up subtitles on the server, i noticed that 1080p HEVC files fail to open (not supported codec), but 4K HEVC files do… So i have to check on Kodi if the subtitles are synced. Why is that? Because i am running the server on Linux, or because of the Browser (Firefox)?

3- which is the easiest client to use for music playback (flac/ dsd files)?

4- when i have 2 different versions of a certain movie, on the server i see a little “2” on the movie cover. This way i can select which version i want to open. But on my Kodi clients it just opens one version, not letting me chose which one. Is there a way to do this?

5- i read you have improved .ass subtitle support in 10.6.0. one particular movie of mine has an .ass subtitle file, but it’s way to big an shown in yellow… Is there a way to change font size and colour on the server, or do i have to do that on the client side?

6- has the native android client app better codec support than firefox on linux or windows?

7-

Keep up the great work. Will definetly contribute to some of the people involved in the project

Cheers