Hifiberry / rasperry as Client

Hi, i was wondering if it is possible to use a raspberry 3a + DAC (hifiberry DAC+) just as a client for jellyfin.

My goal–> streaming in flac qualitiy inside my wlan network at home using high quality soundoutput of the hifiberry to my analog HIFI-system. All Controlled by my smartphone.

Do you have any idea how to realise that. It would be great to just be able using Hifiberry/Raspberry 3a as a client without screen or anything.

Via Smartphone jellyfin app i is possible to play via dlna on other devices. If it is possible just to install a jellyfinclient with autpostart i should be able to start/play via smartphone.

An other idea would be streaming from a second smartphone with the jellyfin-app to the raspiclient via usb-connection. But i have no idea with which raspy-software this would otentially work.

Thank you very much.

Sounds like my Mopidy extension will work well for this, allowing you to either control it from the JF apps or from a separate web page running on the Pi.

There’s also the jellycli project that supports remote control from the apps.

I’m running MPD as a headless musik player on my pi (alongside jellyfin for video).
And using M.A.L.P. to control it from my phone (it’s more geared towards music, than jellyfin).

1 Like

Thank you.

At the moment i am testing the mopidy addon.

but… as soon as i start jellyfin i get the error:

Blockquote WARNING Found jellyfin configuration errors, the extension has been automatically disabled:
WARNING jellyfin/username must be set.
WARNING jellyfin/hostname must be set.
WARNING Please fix the extension configuration errors or disable the extensions to silence these messages.

i changed with

sudo nano /home/pi/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf

the . confile to

[jellyfin]
#hostname = http://192.168.200.XX
#port = 8096
#username = KuXX
#password = XXXx
#libraries = Music
#albumartistsort = True
#album_format = {ProductionYear} - {Name} (Optional: will default to “{Name}” i$
#max_bitrate = 9999999

But if i use via terminal

mopidy config

i still says

[jellyfin]
enabled = false ; Extension disabled due to config errors.
username = ; Must be set.
user_id =
password =
hostname = ; Must be set.
libraries =
albumartistsort =
port =
client_cert =
client_key =
album_format =
max_bitrate =
watched_status = false

Do you have any idea what i am doing wrong?

Try moode audio
I use raspberry pi 3b+ (hifiberry digi+ pro) as UPNP render.

Hi,
All the lines in the .conf file are commented, the lines start with the hash tag: #
You must remove the hash tag (and any blank after it) in order to enable this line.