Home videos & photos: problem with cast/people

Hello,

If I add people - for example as actor - to videos of type “Home videos & photos”, these people show correctly on the video page under cast. But the linked people’s page shows only the name but no videos.

For example I have added “Grandma” as actor to several Home videos. Grandma shows up as cast on the video page. But if I click on the cast “Grandma”, then a page shows up with the name “Grandma” on top, but there are no videos with “Grandma” shown.

If I search by name “Grandma”, then on the result-page Grandma shows up under the people area. If I click on “Grandma”, again a page shows up with the name “Grandma” on top, but there are no videos with “Grandma” shown.

This only happens with videos of type “Home videos & photos”.

If I use videos of type “Movies”, then on the people’s pages there are all videos shown with that person as an actor.

Is there a problem or are people / cast simply not working for videos of type “Home videos & photos”?

I don’t think we’ve ever tested this. I wonder if it even works in regular Emby. I bet that the “Cast” function only knows how to search libraries with a type of “Movies”.

Thanks for your answer!

I think a working “cast” function for home videos would be really helpful. Most is there already, only the search and the cast pages are not working. Perhaps that can be added in one of the future releases…