Install jellyfin on Ubuntu 16.04 Sever?

Hello

i want help to Install jellyfin on Ubuntu 16.04 Sever

how can i do this?

There’s basic instructions on the download page. If you go to Debian/Ubuntu, click “Stable” and follow the commands: https://jellyfin.org/downloads/

There’s more detail in our documentation:
https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/installing.html#repository-1

Your release is “Xenial”, of course.

The server support told me that they get this error When are they trying to install

There is following error during try to install jellyfin

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
jellyfin : Depends: libssl1.1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Unfortunately at this moment we can’t upgrade such package.

Thanks for Help

Right - now that you mention it, I don’t know if we support it anymore. Let me check with other team members.

1 Like

OK THANKS :slight_smile:

When I first came to Jellyfin about a month ago, I tried installing it on an Ubuntu 16.04LTS VM - and failed spectacularly (getting over one installation hurdle just brings others up).

Though I absolutely detest even the mention of systemd (almost as much as I detest Windows 10), for Jellyfin at least I’ve had to make a concession and use Ubuntu 18.04. In its own VM and unable to influence anything outside of it, systemd shouldn’t be able to cause too much damage.

I don’t recall the exact details, but it was something having to do with LibSSL and how things changed between versions.

Just a little idea, you can try to install the server in a Docker that can under Ubuntu.

Hey
How to do this? Thanks

It is not easy to explain.
I have jellyfin running in a Portainer (docker manager) under OpenMediaVault 5.
I can try to do in a Ubuntu Server also, but I will need more time to test it in a Virtual machine.

Can you wait? I’m not promise nothing… :wink:

Hi I will start to do some test, please, confirm that you will keep using Ubuntu 16.04 Server instead the last version.

Regards!