Sync watched status across multiple devices

I have just moved from Emby and so far so good but one problem, which is syncing watched status across multiple devices.

I am using Kodi 18.3, Jellyfin server 10.3.7, Kodi sync queue 2.0.0.0 and the jellyfin-kodi plugin 0.2.1. Jellyfin is on ubuntu server 18.04, Kodi on Windows 10 and Android TV (same behaviour on both).

New episodes are added to Kodi fine but watched status is not - for example, I watch an episode using the Jellyfin web interface and it is ticked off as watched. I start Kodi and the episode I just watched on Jellyfin web interface is not marked as watched. If I go to the plugin and manually update the libraries it syncs the watched status. Synching works the other way Kodi -> Jellyfin without manual intervention. Watched status is not synced between Kodi on the Windows system and Kodi on Android TV.

I have replaced the Jellyfin-kodi plugin with the Emby one on one sytem (Windows) and to my surprise it seems to work but the same problem persists. I am wondering therefore if the Kodi Sync Queue Jellyfin plugin cannot cope with mutliple systems and users?

Hope this isn’t too confusing - any help to get this going appreciated.

John

Pleased to report I have solved this. In the Jellyfin-Kodi plugin I had Kodi companion enabled but disabling and then reenabling it solved the problem.

John

1 Like

More on this - the above is not a permanent fix - there appears to be a problem synching watched status which I have reported on Github.

Also for your android tv try jellfin app works great. Its simply amazing, for me the list arrangement of media within jellyfin kodi plug-in is not the best way to organise a media server.

1 Like