New to Jellyfin, which I am trying to setup purely for mobile device access. So far, Jellyfin is not pulling any metadata for my media files. Here is how media is setup:
- Movies are stored in /movies///movie_title.mkv
For Blu-Ray - /movies///movie_title
- Series are store /series/<series_title>/series_title_s01/series_title_s01e01.mkv
- There are no .nfo stored with the movie/series files
- Jellyfin has read only access to the media volumes
- Jellyfin is running on a dedicated Linux VM, with binary install (not docker)
The above conditions are fixed and will not change. What I am looking for is an option to manually update the metadata to add the movie, series title, thetvdb id/themoviedb id and have Jellyfin pull the remaining information. Unfortunately, the editor does NOT allow me to change the series title and I cannot locate where the metedata info is stored in the DB.
Without metadata, there is no content under My Media->Shows which makes Jellyfin unusable. Adding the folder view does give access to the content, but navigation is cumbersome. All the search results I found was about organizing the media to conform to Jellyfins (or Kodi) format, which is not an option is my case (it will break other setup I have which relies on this format).
Any suggestion appreciated.