Jellyfin Forum
Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade (/t-items-in-collections-all-gone-after-10-9-0-upgrade)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade - paulc - 2024-05-13

(2024-05-12, 05:32 PM)gnattu Wrote: You will need to restore from backup if you are already affected by this.

Does that mean just copying the collections folder from backup back into the data folder?

RE: Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade - gnattu - 2024-05-13

(2024-05-13, 12:22 AM)paulc Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 05:32 PM)gnattu Wrote: You will need to restore from backup if you are already affected by this.

Does that mean just copying the collections folder from backup back into the data folder?

No, the whole backup. 10.9 handles this slightly different and it will need database entries.

(2024-05-12, 10:53 PM)akirby83 Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 05:32 PM)gnattu Wrote: A pending fix for this: https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/pull/11570

You will need to restore from backup if you are already affected by this.

Ok that's good to know.  Unfortunately between trying to upgrade again today to 10.9.0 to see if the behavior is the same and then downgrading back to 10.8.13 a second time, I seem to have completely fubar'd Jellyfin with a whole bunch of things now completely broken.  So I think I'm just gonna start a new portable 10.8.13 install, add all my libraries fresh and worry about collections later.  I have the collection XMLs all backed up so hopefully it won't come to manually adding everything to collections again.

You will need the whole data dir, not only the xmls. Starting from 10.9 the server actually don't use the xmls and solely depends on database entries. You will need to backup everything.

RE: Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade - KodiUser1138 - 2024-05-13

I noted in the main 10.9 thread that I did find in some of my collections, but not always all, the people added were not populating.

Now I see three's a 10.9.1 fix but the exe isn't up yet. If we've seen issues with the collections will we need to pull from our backup to install this newer version?

Have there been any other changes made to collections? I looked through the changelog but didn't notice anything and in my limited testing didn't notice any new types of options like building collections based on name, tag, file name etc.

Also in this new method of JF managing collections does it still look at the full file path for an item or a lesser string of information?

Was really hoping collections would have media separated into the same categories as you setup on the main database. Like Movies are Movies and Videos aren't collected together and such.

10.9.1 Windows installer is up. You can test with that version with your 10.8 backup. It should work as intended now.

If you don't have your 10.8 database backup, then I'm not sure if those collections items will ever come back though.

RE: Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade - paulc - 2024-05-13

(2024-05-13, 02:17 AM)gnattu Wrote: If you don't have your 10.8 database backup, then I'm not sure if those collections items will ever come back though.

I tested it before doing a backup restore and collections was blank until I scanned the Collection folder for 'scan for new and updated'.  The collections came back after the scan. It took awhile.

(2024-05-13, 03:48 AM)paulc Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 02:17 AM)gnattu Wrote: If you don't have your 10.8 database backup, then I'm not sure if those collections items will ever come back though.

I tested it before doing a backup restore and collections was blank until I scanned the Collection folder for 'scan for new and updated'.  The collections came back after the scan. It took awhile.

Glad to hear that. This time you are lucky that the server managed to recover the collections with leftover pieces in the database. Next time we may be not this lucky and the bug could be worse that a hotfix patch will not able to recover it. It is always better to perform a backup before doing an update, especially a major version update like this.

RE: Items in collections all gone after 10.9.0 upgrade - KodiUser1138 - 2024-05-13

I installed 10.9.1 over what was the 10.9 install and the collections are all fine now.