Jellyfin Forum
Playback issue on Android TV app - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Playback issue on Android TV app (/t-playback-issue-on-android-tv-app)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-05

Try changing the preferred player from exo to libVLC for testing. Also, what are the settings currently set to for the refresh rate scaling?

And I also like @ThomasPGH 's suggestion. My parent's Android TV's UI was slooooooow so I went into the settings and cleared out a bunch of junk apps and that immediately improved things.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-05

(2024-07-05, 12:13 PM)ThomasPGH Wrote:
(2024-07-05, 11:36 AM)ezrab552 Wrote: I don't know, maybe this is android tv 11\google tv ui fault?
This is of course possible but it can't be Android TV 11 alone since this is what I got too on two TVs without issues. To be honest, I've got lots of issues but interrupted films is not one of them. Grinning-face 

Since your other device works it most likely has got to be something on the new device. Maybe there's a background service running that eats up CPU, maybe it's running out of RAM, maybe the system needs an update, or maybe it's even running an update that can't complete for some reason but takes resources away from the Jellyfin client, etc.

I checked everthing I could think of. No idea what to try next.
Edit: I tried to play movie with MX player via local network and still, the video not playing smooth.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-06

(2024-07-05, 03:40 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Try changing the preferred player from exo to libVLC for testing.  Also, what are the settings currently set to for the refresh rate scaling?

And I also like @ThomasPGH 's suggestion.  My parent's Android TV's UI was slooooooow so I went into the settings and cleared out a bunch of junk apps and that immediately improved things.

I tried the libVLC player and the video plays fine it seems, but it strech the image upwords and I can't see option to change it.

About your refresh rate question, I didn't understand. What sould I need to check and where?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-06

Its in the same menu as selecting libVLC.

(2024-07-06, 09:21 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Its in the same menu as selecting libVLC.

Thanks. I tried all the options. Nothing changes.
Also, I noticed that only with this steamer I can't pause or stop the playing video from the dashboard.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-06

It sounds like that particular client isn't able to establish a socket connection, which is what allow you to control it from the dashboard. Do you have a reverse proxy setup for the server?

(2024-07-06, 10:36 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: It sounds like that particular client isn't able to establish a socket connection, which is what allow you to control it from the dashboard.  Do you have a reverse proxy setup for the server?

I don't know. My knowledge with networks not that great.
This could be the cause of my playback issue? And how can I check this?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-07

I don't think socket connections are required for playback. The only thing that would prevent socket connections is a misconfigured reverse proxy.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-07

(2024-07-07, 12:16 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: I don't think socket connections are required for playback.  The only thing that would prevent socket connections is a misconfigured reverse proxy.

Now the dashboard control works, no idea what I did.
I even perform factory reset the streamer and installed only jellyfin, but the playback issue still remains the same.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-07

Is the video an MKV? We can try repackaging the video. Sometimes a borked container can cause otherwise unexplained stuttering.

Code:
/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -fflags +genpts+igndts -i "/path/to/your/video" -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -map_chapters 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy -c:t? copy newFile.mkv