Jellyfin Forum
Login issue - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Login issue (/t-login-issue)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Login issue - pipozor - 2023-12-26

It seems there was an issue during upgrade. We can see 2 databases. 
One in ProgramData and one in Users/All Users.
Also all meta files are duplicated.

RE: Login issue - pipozor - 2023-12-26

I uninstalled and re-installed but still locked in the wizard screen. I think there is an error, please see screenshot.

RE: Login issue - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-26

When you reinstall make sure to right click on the installer and run as admin. Even if your account is an admin sometimes Windows won't run it as admin and the Jellyfin data ends up in your user directory instead of ProgramData.

RE: Login issue - pipozor - 2023-12-27

I did reinstall in administrator mode. Same issue.
In fact the 500 Server Error, stopped the process.

Is there a way to know which jellyfin.db is used? Because I got one in ProgramData and one in Users.

RE: Login issue - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-27

You would need to go to the logs for each instance and check which one has only new logs and which has some older logs.

RE: Login issue - pipozor - 2023-12-27

Found this error (see screenshot)
And this is why I got Error 500 in web request.
I do not know how to fix this Slightly-frowning-face
Naturally I made all files to writable (not read only) in c:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\

RE: Login issue - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-27

Stop jellyfin, if it is running. In C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\data (I think that is right for Windows) delete any *.db-shm, *.db.wal, or *.db-journal files. This usually happens when Jellyfin is not shut down cleanly.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS

RE: Login issue - pipozor - 2023-12-28

O.M.f.G. !!!!!!!!!!
That was that. Thank you so much, all back to normal now.
Many many thanks. And happy new year @TheDreadPirate

RE: Login issue - Phoenix1000 - 2024-06-23

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum, so hello to everybody. I've the same problem as @pipozor had, but I'm running Jellyfin in Container Manager (Docker) on Synology DSM 7 in a container under Linux. No login possible. The screenshots would be the same as the ones @pipozor has already posted, so I refrain from posting them again.

My problem is, that I can't find any *.db-shm, *.db.wal, or *.db-journal files in the /docker/jellyfin directory, which could be deleted.

Little background: Until this weekend, I used the Jellyfin app available for Synology DSM and updated it. Then the problem first occured: No login possible anymore. So I uninstalled the app and installed Jellyfin in Docker, which went fine and somehow I managed to log into the application. But when I wanted to enter it again yesterday evening, the same problem occured: No login possible.

Has anybody an idea for a solution?

Version DSM: DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 5
Version Docker: 20.10.23-1437
Version Portainer: 2.19.5

Thank you and best regards,
Phoenix1000

RE: Login issue - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-23

Could you share screenshots of how you setup the container? Maybe you're setting the config folder as the cache folder by accident.

When you say you get the same outcome as @pipozor, are you saying your logs state an error happened with sqlite and a read-only database? Could you also share your Jellyfin logs with pastebin or zipping and uploading them here?

Also, to understand, you were not using Docker before, but switched to it now? If so, did you remember to transfer over your config folder?