Jellyfin Forum
Playback issue on Android TV app - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Playback issue on Android TV app (/t-playback-issue-on-android-tv-app)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-07

(2024-07-07, 02:22 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Is the video an MKV?  We can try repackaging the video.  Sometimes a borked container can cause otherwise unexplained stuttering.

Code:
/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -fflags +genpts+igndts -i "/path/to/your/video" -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -max_muxing_queue_size 2048  -map_chapters 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy -c:t? copy newFile.mkv

The format it MP4. What I supposed to do with this code?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-08

If it is MP4 we can try anyway. You copy and paste the code block into a Linux terminal or Windows command prompt. You'd have to adjust the file paths to match your operating system and the actual path for your video file.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-08

(2024-07-08, 02:25 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: If it is MP4 we can try anyway.  You copy and paste the code block into a Linux terminal or Windows command prompt.  You'd have to adjust the file paths to match your operating system and the actual path for your video file.

Like this? I'm on Windows.

/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -fflags +genpts+igndts -i "F:\Movies\Live-Action\Underworld Collection\[#01] - Underworld (2003)" -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -max_muxing_queue_size 2048  -map_chapters 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy -c:t? copy newFile.mkv

And than press Enter?

If this is on Windows you'd use "C:\Program Files\Jellyfin\ffmpeg.exe" (double check that path) instead of /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg.

(2024-07-08, 01:54 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: If this is on Windows you'd use "C:\Program Files\Jellyfin\ffmpeg.exe" (double check that path) instead of /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg.

This is what I get. The ffmpeg.exe file is located in folder named "Server", so I changed that path.

Try running the command prompt as admin and try again.

(2024-07-08, 03:13 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Try running the command prompt as admin and try again.

Same error

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - theguymadmax - 2024-07-08

The file path is not complete. You need to give it the full name ex. "F:\Movies\Live-Action\Underworld Collection\[01] - Underworld (2003).mkv"

If that's the just the folder then you need to extend it out ex. "F:\Movies\Live-Action\Underworld Collection\[01] - Underworld (2003)\whateveryourfilenameis.mkv"

(2024-07-08, 08:25 PM)theguymadmax Wrote: The file path is not complete. You need to give it the full name ex. "F:\Movies\Live-Action\Underworld Collection\[01] - Underworld (2003).mkv"

If that's the just the folder then you need to extend it out ex.  "F:\Movies\Live-Action\Underworld Collection\[01] - Underworld (2003)\whateveryourfilenameis.mkv"

Whats's next?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - theguymadmax - 2024-07-08

The command didn't take, you'll need to edit it and rerun.

Change this part of the command "-c:t?" to "-c:t"

You should also change the output directory to someplace convenient like your desktop.

.... -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -max_muxing_queue_size 2048  -map_chapters 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy -c:t copy c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\desktop\newFile.mkv

Then rename and add to jellyfin and see if it helps your situation.