Jellyfin Forum
Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi (/t-version-10-8-9-operating-system-windows-architecture-x64-cant-conect-over-new-wi)

Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi - bodiegarde - 2023-11-20

Version: 10.8.9  Operating System: Windows 10  Architecture: X64
tp-link AC1200 Wi-Fi Bluetooth PCIe Adapter Archer T5E (wifi card)

im having problumes conecting to my jellyfin server after installed a wifi card i can not conect thrugh a broser or the app after installing the wifi card and conecting to my wifi it can only be discuvered when conected thrugh eathernet

please advise if and what infomation you need to help me dignose the problume

RE: Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-20

Your wifi card probably has a different IP address that what assigned to the Ethernet card. Also make sure the wifi network type in Windows is set to private.

RE: Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi - bodiegarde - 2023-11-20

(2023-11-20, 01:48 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Your wifi card probably has a different IP address that what assigned to the Ethernet card.  Also make sure the wifi network type in Windows is set to private.

thank you for your responce this has ben acounted for and have tryed all 3 posible ipadress including the 2 ipadresses given with ipconfig for the wifi card and the old eathernet one just incase do you have any outher ideas?

RE: Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi - tmsrxzar - 2023-11-20

you installed a new wifi card; on the machine running the jellyfin SERVER?

1.switch back to ethernet so you can access it; Dashboard->Networking->Bind to local network address
(or any other erroneous ips)

or

2.log in to your router and give the wifi mac address a reserved ip of the original server (remove from the ethernet)
(static ips are actually important for server machines any way)

RE: Version: 10.8.9 Operating System: Windows Architecture: X64 cant conect over new wi - bodiegarde - 2023-11-20

(2023-11-20, 02:26 AM)tmsrxzar Wrote: you installed a new wifi card; on the machine running the jellyfin SERVER?

1.switch back to ethernet so you can access it; Dashboard->Networking->Bind to local network address
(or any other erroneous ips)

or

2.log in to your router and give the wifi mac address a reserved ip of the original server (remove from the ethernet)
(static ips are actually important for server machines any way)

unfortinly number 1 did not work and im unable to compleat number 2 due to me not beaing able to accus my router thnaks for the atempt