Jellyfin Forum
Show the Title - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Show the Title (/t-show-the-title)

Show the Title - kats - 2024-02-08

Hi,

Most of the files in the library are categorized in folders/subfolders with pictures (jpg, etc) and a few video clips.

Whenever i go into a folder or a subfolder for the first time, i have to click the "..." and select "Show the title" in order to get the name of the object to display under it.  Image type is set to Primary which gives a nice preview.

is there a way to have this default per user or to set it for the entire system so it shows the titles all the time?
i came across css but did not see a setting for "show the title".

currently running version 10.8.10 on a synology nas device.

suggestions with details would be appreciated since i am new to jellyfin.

Thank you.
R

RE: Show the Title - tmsrxzar - 2024-02-09

i'm not sure where you are seeing folders and subfolders, perhaps a screenshot?

RE: Show the Title - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-09

Pretty sure they are talking about a Photos library type. Which would show the folder and file names including the folder structure.

RE: Show the Title - kats - 2024-02-09

Let me try to explain.

on the synology nas
shared folder A
within A are subfolders a,b,c,d
within a,b,c,d are numerous jpg images

in jellyfin, i defined a library NASImages that references synology shared folder A mentioned above

when i log in, NASImages shows up.
when i click on NASImages, i see thumbprints for a,b,c,d
i do not see the folder names.
i go up to the "..." and check on "Show the Title" and select the left arrow to return to the dashboard.
now the folder names "a", "b", "c", "d" show up below the thumbprints (of course without the double quotes).
if i click on folder "a" to open it, the pictures do not have any names.
i need to go to the "..." and check on "Show the Title" and select the left arrow to return to the dashboard.
now all the file names show up below the pictures.

this was a very simple example. the problem is that i have 1000's of folders and very large number of files in each.
i'm looking for a simple way to have the names of either the folders or files display automatically instead of going up to the "..." in every folder and checking on "Show the Title".

This happens to also be a per user setting because under another login name the same thing occurs.
using the "..." work around only applies to that user who is logged in.

RE: Show the Title - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-09

Is this what you are talking about?  This setting?

RE: Show the Title - kats - 2024-02-12

I am hoping that is what i am looking for.
i went ahead and clicked on that option (libraries / manage library / prefer embedded titles over filenames) as the admin on the system.

i then logged in and accessed the library with a test account.
on one folder that had "titles" turned on, i turned off and the filename was embedded in the preview image.

for home made videos, nothing is showing up in regards to the filename

other folders that did not have "titles" turned on are not showing the filename embedded in the preview image.
i turned on "titles", it showed the filenames under the previews.
i turned off "titles", it did not show any filenames embedded.

do i need to rescan the libary or do something else to update the information to be displayed properly with this new system wide default setting (prefer embedded titles over filenames) ?

Greatly appreciate the assistance.

RE: Show the Title - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-12

Rescan and select "replace all metadata"?