Jellyfin Forum
am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! (/t-am-not-sure-what-is-wrong-with-jellyfin-server-screenshoted-all-settings-thanks)

am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! - tgge - 2024-02-24

Hi so I don't know what the issue is with my jellyfin server since I cannot connect to it from outside my network all of my settings like my reverse proxy,dns and where I have downlaoded jellyfin from are down below.

My setup uses my nas with jellyfin installed through the packages part of the synology nas.

On my synology nas you can use their own reverse proxy which I have done  with the settings down below . I have put my host name as my nas internal/local ip.

I use duckdns as you can see for my dns. in the current ip I have put my external/public ip address.

So through alot of research I have come down to it could be possibly one of the problems below if all my settings are correct hence why I posted them to make sure.

My ISP Eero uses Cgnat for my IPV4
My ISP is blocking ports 80 and 443

If it is one of these problems is there anyway I can fix this or make use of a workaround that is free?
thanks for any help and advice as allways it is much appreciated!

Edit I have talked to my ISP and they have said that they do use Cgnat for IPV4. so now my question is how do I deal with this?

RE: am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-24

The Hostname field in your config is missing a dot between jellyfinserver and duckdns. If fixing that doesn't resolve the problem then we can continue troubleshooting.

RE: am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! - tgge - 2024-02-24

(2024-02-24, 04:10 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: The Hostname field in your config is missing a dot between jellyfinserver and duckdns.  If fixing that doesn't resolve the problem then we can continue troubleshooting.

No that did not fix it and maybe I made a mistake somewhere since when I type in jellyfinservern.duckdns.org:8096 into my web browser on my pc I cant connect ethier. 

I also just had a chat with my ISP and they said that they do use Cgnat for IPV4. From what I have seen from other posts I won't now be able to host this jellyfin server for free. Aleast for anyone that wants to use it from outsode my network from my understanding.

I hope that is not the case though.

also before I forget I did want to say a thank you from atleast me. while doing my research I did see you was helping ALOT of people out and replying so wanted to make sure that you are recognised for that!

RE: am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-24

If your ISP uses CGNAT, the only solution I am aware of is to rent a VPS to act as your reverse proxy. Then you would setup a Wireguard server on the VPS and a Wireguard client on your Jellyfin server at home.

RE: am not sure what is wrong with jellyfin server screenshoted all settings thanks! - tgge - 2024-02-24

(2024-02-24, 05:17 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: If your ISP uses CGNAT, the only solution I am aware of is to rent a VPS to act as your reverse proxy.  Then you would setup a Wireguard server on the VPS and a Wireguard client on your Jellyfin server at home.

Is there anyway to know this 100%? or test it out?

Go to a site like https://whatismyipaddress.com/. After about 15 minutes refresh. If the address is different, your ISP is using CGNAT.

Some ISPs that use CGNAT do give their customers the option to have a static or non-NAT'd address. Is that an option for your ISP?