Jellyfin Forum
How to change the metadata source ID to pull the right information - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: How to change the metadata source ID to pull the right information (/t-how-to-change-the-metadata-source-id-to-pull-the-right-information)

How to change the metadata source ID to pull the right information - Perseverant - 2024-02-26

I'm working on Batman, the Animated Series.  It looks like TMDB and IMDB have the air order, which most agree is inferior to the production order.  Without getting into all of the reasons of why I prefer production order, I basically want to manually point each episode entry in Jellyfin to the right metadata page on IMDB, but I'm having some problems with that...

My filename for the first episode is: S01E01 On Leather Wings.mkv

On IMDB, the ID for that episode is: tt0519608
...but because the first episode in the IMDB order is "The Cat and the Claw Pt. 1" it points to this ID by default: tt0519626

I can go into the metadata for that episode, and swap out tt0519626 to be tt0519608 instead, but if I then try to go refresh the metadata, all it does it overwrite the new ID with the old one and pull the wrong thumbnail and wrong metadata again.

Is there any way to point an episode to a different IMDB ID, and pull the metadata for that NEW ID?  I really don't want to rename all of my episodes to the wrong order just so Jellyfin will pull the right metadata, then manually change the episode number in Jellyfin.

RE: How to change the metadata source ID to pull the right information - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-26

For the show, click on "..." and click edit metadata.  About halfway down will be Display Order drop down.  I selected DVD to match what I pulled off my discs.

FWIW, I pretend that IMDB doesn't exist for the purposes of identification in Jellyfin. I use TMDB primarily and TVDB as a backup and their respective IDs and ordering.

RE: How to change the metadata source ID to pull the right information - Perseverant - 2024-02-26

(2024-02-26, 08:32 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: For the show, click on "..." and click edit metadata.  About halfway down will be Display Order drop down.  I selected DVD to match what I pulled off my discs.

FWIW, I pretend that IMDB doesn't exist for the purposes of identification in Jellyfin.  I use TMDB primarily and TVDB as a backup and their respective IDs and ordering.

Thank you!  That was about 100x easier than what I was about to do, and I never before knew those episode groups even existed on TMDB.  There was a "Production Order" option that matches the Blurays and I can definitely see myself using that feature again.  By the way, I normally rely on TMDB as well, but figured it might have something to do with IMDB since that was the only external ID listed on the episode (wrong, obviously).

Anyway, thanks for saving me a bunch of time!