Jellyfin Forum
Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos (/t-jellyfin-not-recognizing-any-photos)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - tegmire - 2024-03-01

Nope- they're all regular jpeg images.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-01

When I get home I will do some testing. I noticed last night that in my test photo library there weren't as many photos as I expected.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - tegmire - 2024-03-04

Thanks, let me know if you find anything.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-05

Adding my photos folder to my test Jellyfin. Will check on the log in the morning.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-06

It looks like it didn't even scan the majority of my folders. Will need to continue digging.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - tegmire - 2024-03-21

(2024-03-06, 03:00 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: It looks like it didn't even scan the majority of my folders.  Will need to continue digging.

Any luck? I still haven't been able to figure out what's going on on my own.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-21

I forgot to follow up with this thread. TLDR; I have no idea what is going on or why they aren't being scanned. My guess is that Jellyfin can't read my Sony ARW raw files. All of the videos are read in and, AFAICT, all of the JPG images I took early on when I first bought my camera.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - tegmire - 2024-03-22

No worries, thanks for the info. I'll start troubleshooting with more filetypes then.

RE: Jellyfin not recognizing any photos - tegmire - 2024-03-29

(2024-02-29, 08:27 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: What user is the Jellyfin container running as?  Your user?  Which folder?  /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Photos or /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library/Reference Photos?  What is the output of

Code:
ls -ld /home/cartoonistcoop/media /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Photos /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library/Reference\ Photos

Sorry to necro this thread, but I did get SSH access and ran a version of this. Reference Photos is where the photos are stored, and Reference Books is another similar folder that's had no issue with displaying PDFs. Access is the same.

Code:
cartoonistcoop@oasis:~$ ls -ld /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library/Reference\ Photos /home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library/Reference\ Books
drwxr-xr-x  2 cartoonistcoop cartoonistcoop 4096 Mar 15 22:21 '/home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library/Reference Books'
drwxr-xr-x 11 cartoonistcoop cartoonistcoop 4096 Mar 24 03:53 '/home/cartoonistcoop/media/Library/Reference Photos'

EDIT: I also 1) installed a local version of Jellyfin and it works fine/shows all images, and 2) installed Emby on this same server and it also shows images just fine.

EDIT 2: I figured it out! Wanted to log this in case someone in the future finds this thread. Not sure if this has to do with the jpg file name being lowercase, but changing the folder name to be lower case now lets all images show up, even ones that are JPG or png. Weird.