Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app (/t-solved-cant-play-mkv-videos-on-jellyfin-roku-app)

Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - andrew44 - 2024-03-04

So I'm running binhex-jellyfin on unraid with an Intel J4125B-ITX with 32gb of ram, corsair sfx450 psu. (Overkill yes but I've had it for years and its still rock solid.)

I have a few mkv files that simply close when I try to watch them on the Roku Jellyfin app. No error is displayed it just closes the video and returns to the video selection after 40~ seconds. Yet the same file(s) play fine on my pc with the web-ui or my android phone (Nothing 2). I've attached a slimmed down log file but please let me know if other diagnostic info can be grabbed. Since I'm not sure if its simply failing to transcode the mkv videos or something else? My internet isn't great and I can see a few warnings about a slow connection sometimes but unless I'm constantly fast forwarding the videos stream well enough.

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-05

What model roku and what codecs are the files using? Can you share the media info from the Jellyfin interface for the problem videos?

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - andrew44 - 2024-03-05

I can share the media info from my pc using the Windows Jellyfin player, on the roku it quits too fast. The roku its self is the "Streaming Stick 4K." Not sure if you also want the sku of it since its a rather ambiguous model name imo.

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-07

I don't have my Roku in front of me, going by memory. In Jellyfin for Roku, click on the options button, Settings, Playback, Compatibility. There should be a setting regarding attempting to play H264 profiles that aren't compatible. Disable it.

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - andrew44 - 2024-03-08

No dice still just returns to movie selection. Didn't even know about the transcoding options on roku till now.

I belive this is the last log of my attemtping to play the movie on the roku stick:
Code:
/videos/0b5a3f07-743b-05da-e0f2-dcf76d2f32c9/hls1/main/1.ts

{"Protocol":0,"Id":"0b5a3f07743b05dae0f2dcf76d2f32c9","Path":"/data/media/movies/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan.mkv","EncoderPath":null,"EncoderProtocol":null,"Type":0,"Container":"mkv,webm","Size":12194516992,"Name":"Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"5c9b384167f181ad22ac2b23ce8ee2dd","RunTimeTicks":43364999168,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"OpenToken":null,"RequiresClosing":false,"LiveStreamId":null,"BufferMs":null,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":0,"IsoType":null,"Video3DFormat":null,"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","CodecTag":null,"Language":null,"ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":"bt709","ColorTransfer":"bt709","ColorPrimaries":"bt709","DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":null,"VideoRange":"SDR","VideoRangeType":"SDR","VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"1080p H264 SDR","NalLengthSize":"4","IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":true,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":22496515,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1040,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.976025,"RealFrameRate":23.976025,"Profile":"High","Type":1,"AspectRatio":"1.85:1","Index":0,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":40,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"ac3","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"English w/ JP Score","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"English w/ JP Score - Dolby Digital - 5.1 - Default","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":1,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"ac3","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"English w/ English Score","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"English w/ English Score - Dolby Digital - 5.1","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":2,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"flac","CodecTag":null,"Language":"jpn","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"R2J Bluray BDMV","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"R2J Bluray BDMV - Japanese - FLAC - Stereo","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":"stereo","BitRate":813295,"BitDepth":24,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":2,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":3,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"subrip","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"JP Translation","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":"Undefined","LocalizedDefault":"Default","LocalizedForced":"Forced","LocalizedExternal":"External","DisplayTitle":"JP Translation - English - SUBRIP","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":4,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null}],"MediaAttachments":[],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":24589810,"Timestamp":null,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"TranscodingUrl":null,"TranscodingSubProtocol":null,"TranscodingContainer":null,"AnalyzeDurationMs":null,"DefaultAudioStreamIndex":null,"DefaultSubtitleStreamIndex":null}

/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -analyzeduration 200M -ss 00:00:03.000 -init_hw_device vaapi=va:,kernel_driver=i915,driver=iHD -init_hw_device qsv=qs@va -filter_hw_device qs -hwaccel qsv -hwaccel_output_format qsv -c:v h264_qsv -autorotate 0 -i file:"/data/media/movies/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan.mkv" -autoscale 0 -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_qsv -low_power 1 -preset 7 -look_ahead 0 -b:v 10000000 -maxrate 10000000 -bufsize 20000000 -profile:v:0 high -level 40 -g:v:0 72 -keyint_min:v:0 72 -vf "setparams=color_primaries=bt709:color_trc=bt709:colorspace=bt709,scale_qsv=format=nv12" -codec:a:0 aac -ac 6 -ab 640000 -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 1 -hls_segment_filename "/config/data/transcodes/6292196187cdc0d4092f08014ece27fa%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/data/transcodes/6292196187cdc0d4092f08014ece27fa.m3u8"

ffmpeg version 6.0-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 13.2.1 (GCC) 20230801
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ptx-compression --disable-shared --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-chromaprint --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdrm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libdav1d --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg --enable-libshaderc --enable-libplacebo --enable-vulkan --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libvpl --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc
  libavutil      58.  2.100 / 58.  2.100
  libavcodec    60.  3.100 / 60.  3.100
  libavformat    60.  3.100 / 60.  3.100
  libavdevice    60.  1.100 / 60.  1.100
  libavfilter    9.  3.100 /  9.  3.100
  libswscale      7.  1.100 /  7.  1.100
  libswresample  4. 10.100 /  4. 10.100
  libpostproc    57.  1.100 / 57.  1.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55a99068f380] No VA display found for any default device.
Device creation failed: -22.
Failed to set value 'vaapi=va:,kernel_driver=i915,driver=iHD' for option 'init_hw_device': Invalid argument
Error parsing global options: Invalid argument

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-08

(2024-03-08, 03:38 AM)andrew44 Wrote: No dice still just returns to movie selection. Didn't even know about the transcoding options on roku till now.

I belive this is the last log of my attemtping to play the movie on the roku stick:
Code:
/videos/0b5a3f07-743b-05da-e0f2-dcf76d2f32c9/hls1/main/1.ts

{"Protocol":0,"Id":"0b5a3f07743b05dae0f2dcf76d2f32c9","Path":"/data/media/movies/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan.mkv","EncoderPath":null,"EncoderProtocol":null,"Type":0,"Container":"mkv,webm","Size":12194516992,"Name":"Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"5c9b384167f181ad22ac2b23ce8ee2dd","RunTimeTicks":43364999168,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"OpenToken":null,"RequiresClosing":false,"LiveStreamId":null,"BufferMs":null,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":0,"IsoType":null,"Video3DFormat":null,"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","CodecTag":null,"Language":null,"ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":"bt709","ColorTransfer":"bt709","ColorPrimaries":"bt709","DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":null,"VideoRange":"SDR","VideoRangeType":"SDR","VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"1080p H264 SDR","NalLengthSize":"4","IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":true,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":22496515,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1040,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.976025,"RealFrameRate":23.976025,"Profile":"High","Type":1,"AspectRatio":"1.85:1","Index":0,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":40,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"ac3","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"English w/ JP Score","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"English w/ JP Score - Dolby Digital - 5.1 - Default","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":1,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"ac3","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"English w/ English Score","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"English w/ English Score - Dolby Digital - 5.1","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":2,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"flac","CodecTag":null,"Language":"jpn","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"R2J Bluray BDMV","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"DisplayTitle":"R2J Bluray BDMV - Japanese - FLAC - Stereo","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":"stereo","BitRate":813295,"BitDepth":24,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":2,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":3,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"subrip","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"JP Translation","VideoRange":null,"VideoRangeType":null,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"LocalizedUndefined":"Undefined","LocalizedDefault":"Default","LocalizedForced":"Forced","LocalizedExternal":"External","DisplayTitle":"JP Translation - English - SUBRIP","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":null,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":4,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null}],"MediaAttachments":[],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":24589810,"Timestamp":null,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"TranscodingUrl":null,"TranscodingSubProtocol":null,"TranscodingContainer":null,"AnalyzeDurationMs":null,"DefaultAudioStreamIndex":null,"DefaultSubtitleStreamIndex":null}

/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -analyzeduration 200M -ss 00:00:03.000 -init_hw_device vaapi=va:,kernel_driver=i915,driver=iHD -init_hw_device qsv=qs@va -filter_hw_device qs -hwaccel qsv -hwaccel_output_format qsv -c:v h264_qsv -autorotate 0 -i file:"/data/media/movies/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan/Dragon Ball Z 08 Broly. The Legendary Super Saiyan.mkv" -autoscale 0 -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_qsv -low_power 1 -preset 7 -look_ahead 0 -b:v 10000000 -maxrate 10000000 -bufsize 20000000 -profile:v:0 high -level 40 -g:v:0 72 -keyint_min:v:0 72 -vf "setparams=color_primaries=bt709:color_trc=bt709:colorspace=bt709,scale_qsv=format=nv12" -codec:a:0 aac -ac 6 -ab 640000 -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 1 -hls_segment_filename "/config/data/transcodes/6292196187cdc0d4092f08014ece27fa%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/data/transcodes/6292196187cdc0d4092f08014ece27fa.m3u8"

ffmpeg version 6.0-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 13.2.1 (GCC) 20230801
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ptx-compression --disable-shared --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-chromaprint --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdrm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libdav1d --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg --enable-libshaderc --enable-libplacebo --enable-vulkan --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libvpl --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc
  libavutil      58.  2.100 / 58.  2.100
  libavcodec    60.  3.100 / 60.  3.100
  libavformat    60.  3.100 / 60.  3.100
  libavdevice    60.  1.100 / 60.  1.100
  libavfilter    9.  3.100 /  9.  3.100
  libswscale      7.  1.100 /  7.  1.100
  libswresample  4. 10.100 /  4. 10.100
  libpostproc    57.  1.100 / 57.  1.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55a99068f380] No VA display found for any default device.
Device creation failed: -22.
Failed to set value 'vaapi=va:,kernel_driver=i915,driver=iHD' for option 'init_hw_device': Invalid argument
Error parsing global options: Invalid argument

The option I had you toggle on the Roku only has to do with Roku attempting to play content it determines isn't 100% compatible.  By disabling it, it won't bother to try and will just request a transcode from the server.

Which your server doesn't appear able to do.  What OS are you running?  Any particular reason you chose the binhex docker image and not the official image (based on debian)?

Do you have transcoding setup correctly in the Jellyfin dashboard?

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - andrew44 - 2024-03-08

I don't have a good reason for using binhex's image beyond the other images like radarr & sonarr working... I'm using unraid 6.12.6 and the latest jellyfin app for roku (need to double check I'm not somehow using an older version.)

For transcoding settings, I probably do have them setup incorrectly since my J4125B is a relatively cheap motherboard. For example I found this quicksync guide and after adding a new
Code:
/dev/dri
variable it still seems to just direct play.

From the specs on asrock's page for my mobo:
Code:
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 600: 12 EUs inside (Up to 750MHz)
- DX12, OpenGL 4.4, OGL ES 3.1, OpenCL 1.2
- HW Acceleration Decode: HEVC (H.265) 8 bit, HEVC (H.265)10 bit, H.264 @ Lvl5.2 (AVC), JPEG/MJPEG, VP8, VP9 8bit, VP9 10 bit
- HW Acceleration Encode: HEVC (H.265) 8 bit, HEVC (H.265)10 bit, H.264 @ Lvl5.2 (AVC), JPEG/MJPEG, VP8, VP9 8bit

- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 30Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @ 60Hz
- Supports Auto Lip Sync, xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
- Supports HDCP 2.2 with HDMI Port
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with HDMI Port

So I enabled what I thought should be enabled and screenshotted my settings pane.

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-09

Ugh. unRAID. Unfortunately, we do not currently have any documentation for unRAID. But that is on my to-do list.

Check out this post on the unRAID forum.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/133632-setting-up-jellyfin-hardware-acceleration-12600k/

RE: Cant play mkv videos on jellyfin roku app - andrew44 - 2024-03-30

Actually solved the issue via a reddit post.

Code:
Add Linux.io Jellyfin image from Unraid App store. Add additional parameter to jellyfin docker setting:

Add Device:
- Name: /dev/dri/
- Device: /dev/dri/

Add Variable:
- Name: DOCKER_MODS
- Key: DOCKER_MODS
- Value: linuxserver/mods:jellyfin-amd
In Jellyfin > Playback > Select VA-API