Jellyfin Forum
Frequent Stuttering/No Video - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Frequent Stuttering/No Video (/t-frequent-stuttering-no-video)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Frequent Stuttering/No Video - matchaman - 2024-03-17

I am trying to play the movie Belle (2021), but it stutters/stops very frequently when trying to play both on my S22 Ultra and Pixel 8 Pro using the Web Player. I believe that I downloaded the app from F-Droid on both devices. I believe the version to be 2.6.0 for the android app. I have tried the Jellyfin server on several devices for testing it out, by my main server is a TrueNAS docker-container running on my ZimaBlade (Intel Celeron N3450, 16GB Ram). The version of the Jellyfin server is 10.8.13. I had the same issue on my Intel NUC with the N100 running windows, and my Asus Zenbook laptop with an i7 (I believe 13th gen) and Iris Graphics. When I tried to do the integrated player, I would get audio and no video, and I believe it worked on an external player, but instead of playing the japanese video/audio, it would default back to the english video/audio. I tried turning on Hardware acceleration and checking the "Allow encoding in HEVC format" box, but I don't believe that worked, and possibly made it worse, as the Web player said it was receiving an usupported format. I was reading about the requirements to turn on the hardware acceleration but quickly got lost, so any help there would be great. Below is the video information and attached is what I believe to be the log needed.

Video
Title: 4K HEVC HDR
Codec: HEVC
Profile: Main 10
Level: 153
Resolution: 3840x2160
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Interlaced: No
Framerate: 23.976025
Bitrate: 74749 kbps
Bit depth: 10 bit
Video range: HDR
Video range type: HDR10
DV title: DV Profile 7.6
DV version major: 1
DV version minor: 0
DV profile: 7
DV level: 6
DV rpu preset flag: 1
DV el preset flag: 1
DV bl preset flag: 1
DV bl signal compatibility id: 6
Color space: bt2020nc
Color transfer: smpte2084
Color primaries: bt2020
Pixel format: yuv420p10le
Ref frames: 1

RE: Frequent Stuttering/No Video - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-17

Can you share your ffmpeg logs. It is trying to transcode and is failing.

RE: Frequent Stuttering/No Video - matchaman - 2024-03-17

(2024-03-17, 06:55 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share your ffmpeg logs.  It is trying to transcode and is failing.

Here are some of the logs. Unfortunately it generated a ton in a short span so hopefully those give insight. Otherwise I can make new logs. Any ideas on why it would fail to transcode? I have had other 4K movies stream just fine such as Parasite.

In all of the ffmpeg logs you are CPU transcoding. Did you setup hardware acceleration?

I tried to enable it, but looking through the docs, I just got confused. Not sure if I should follow the Linux guide since I am running TrueNAS Scale with Jellyfin as a docker container. And if I do the linux guide, am I doing it on the host system or entering that into the docker container?

Which docker image are you using and what hardware is your jellyfin actually running on right now?

(2024-03-17, 10:14 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Which docker image are you using and what hardware is your jellyfin actually running on right now?

I have TrueNAS Scale running on a ZimaBlade, a small SBC that has a Celeron N3450 with 16GB Ram. I looked the proccessor up and it does have Intel Quick Sync. There are 2 HDDs attached that act as the storage, which is also what the Jellyfin docker container is running off of. I got the docker image from the TrueNAS app store, Chart version 1.2.7, app version 10.8.13.1. It says the source is " hub.docker.com/r/jellyfin/jellyfingithub.com/truenas/charts/tree/master/community/jellyfin,jellyfin.org "

Other users have had issues getting transcoding to work when they used the TrueNAS app store version. I'd recommend using vanilla docker, which TrueNAS supports and directly using the jellyfin/jellyfin docker image, which includes all the Intel drivers you need.

(2024-03-17, 11:29 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Other users have had issues getting transcoding to work when they used the TrueNAS app store version.  I'd recommend using vanilla docker, which TrueNAS supports and directly using the jellyfin/jellyfin docker image, which includes all the Intel drivers you need.

What would the process of adding the vanilla docker version look like? Adding a custom app?

I was able to get the image deployed, but I was also having the same issue when I tried running the server on Windows 11 like I said in the original post. I am still in the process of seeing if the new image fixes the issue.

RE: Frequent Stuttering/No Video - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-18

There is a known issue with Intel's Windows 11 OpenCL driver. That is likely what caused the issue on Windows.