Jellyfin Forum
Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? (/t-jelly-ffmpeg6-is-not-available-how-to-install)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - Jujukeke - 2024-08-18

Hi,

I would like to have some help in my Jellyfin installation.

Jellyfin version: Lastest docker version ( jellyfin/jellyfin:latest)
Ubuntu: 24.04

I do manage to install Jelly-ffmpeg6 to be able to use hardware acceleration.

Quote:xxx@yyy:~$ sudo apt install jellyfin-ffmpeg6
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances... Fait
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
E: Impossible de trouver le paquet jellyfin-ffmpeg6
In French, last line means "failed to find the package".

I already read this solved topic but my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu.sources seems already ok:
Quote:Types: deb
URIs: http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
Suites: noble noble-updates noble-backports
Components: main restricted universe multiverse
Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg

Types: deb
URIs: http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
Suites: noble-security
Components: main restricted universe multiverse
Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg

Help would be really appreciated.

Regards

RE: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-18

jellyfin-ffmpeg6 is bundled with the docker image. You don't need to install it separately.

If you want to install jellyfin-ffmpeg for other purposes, you'd have to add the jellyfin repo to your apt sources.

RE: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - Jujukeke - 2024-08-18

Thank you very much to spend time to answer me TheDreadPirate.
So my problem is somewhere else.

In fact, I migrate my personal server from Debian 9 to Ubuntu 24.04. Under Debian 9 the harware acceleration worked fine.
To run the docker image I used:

Code:
--device /dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128 \
--device /dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0 \

But now, on my system, I have no more /dev/dri/renderD128 file. So I suppose thant my Intel integrated GPU is not correcly installed. But I do not know how to add it?
My CPU is Intel Pentium N3710 with Intel HD Graphics 405 GPU.

Regards,

RE: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-18

I'm assuming you were on a much older version of Jellyfin before. Because the Intel drivers available now have deprecated support for Braswell and you have to select VAAPI when selecting what hardware acceleration to use.

I was using version 10.8.13 version of Jellyfin.

I do not unsderstand what do you mean by "you have to select VAAPI when selecting what hardware acceleration to use". This is my problem, how to activate VAAPI? I understand that "/dev/dri/renderD128" is necessary.

Do you mean that my CPU/GPU is no more supported by my OS ? Is it possible ?

RE: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-18

(2024-08-18, 09:40 PM)Jujukeke Wrote: I was using version 10.8.13 version of Jellyfin.

I do not unsderstand what do you mean by "you have to select VAAPI when selecting what hardware acceleration to use". This is my problem, how to activate VAAPI? I understand that "/dev/dri/renderD128" is necessary.

Do you mean that my CPU/GPU is no more supported by my OS ? Is it possible ?
Go to your dashboard.

Dashboard > Playback > Transcoding

Efficient_Good_5784 and TheDreadPirate, thanks trying to help me.

I know where it is possible to set VAAPI setting in Jellyfin, it is not my problem.

But, when I select VAAPI in the Transcoding Jellyfin settings page, a device to VA-API need to be precised. By default "/dev/dri/renderD128" .
My problem is that since I upgrade my OS system, the "/dev/dri" folder does not contain the "renderD128" driver, so it is impossible to map it to the docker container.
And obviously, if I select transcoding "VAAPI" in Jellyfin it does not work.

For example, in the Jellyfin trancode log, here is consequently the error:
Code:
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5a5198917900] No VA display found for device /dev/dri/renderD128.
Device creation failed: -22.
Failed to set value 'vaapi=va:/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'init_hw_device': Invalid argument
Error parsing global options: Invalid argument

RE: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-19

Ah. Ok. I misunderstood. It looks like something isn't right. Can you share the entire transcode log?

Also, on the host, can you list out the devices in /dev/dri?

ls -l /dev/dri

You will also need to pass in the render group into the container.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/hardware-acceleration/intel/#official-docker

Follow our docker setup guide linked above. It includes how to get the group ID for the render group and the docker parameter to pass it into the container.

RE: Jelly-ffmpeg6 is not available: how to install ? - Jujukeke - 2024-08-19

I do not think the transcode log is usefull, because no hardware trancoding is possible. By default, there are only "FFmpeg.DirectStream.xxx" logs. 

The problem is how to add a 3D render driver, like "renderD128". Then after, I will be able to pass it to the docker container (with the render group).
For the moment, if I try to pass it to the container my message is 
Code:
docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dri/renderD128": no such file or directory.

because it does not exist:
Code:
xxx@yyy:~$ ls -l /dev/dri
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root      60 août  18 12:53 by-path
crw-rw---- 1 root video 226, 0 août  18 12:53 card0
xxx@yyy:~$

Code:
xxx@yyy:~$ lspci | egrep -i 'vga | affichage | 3d'
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 35)