Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs (/t-solved-jellyfin-fails-to-start-and-defers-me-to-logs)

Pages: 1 2

Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - Blaze - 2024-09-05

Windows 11
Jellyfin version 10.9.10

Prior to this XML issues were occurring         so I deleted and reinstalled Jellyfin before encountering this issue

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-05

Holy mackerel, you have a lot of plugins.

Try disabling the playback reporting plugin. Some other users, including myself, have had issues with that plugin causing Jellyfin to not start.

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - Blaze - 2024-09-05

SO I'm not entirely sure how to disable that without being able to open jellyfin so I deleted the folders and that did not seem to fix the issue

Also I culled it down when I migrated to my new device with a ryzen 580gpu and you might have a heart attack if you saw how many I had on the previous device I was running (I have a history in the console modding scene where I love to see how much can be done regardless of if it should be which is a habit I may need to kick for this)

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-05

You would have to go to C:\Users\loweb\AppData\Local\Jellyfin\plugins and remove the playback reporting folder. In that same directory there is a "configurations" folder. In it there should be an XML for the playback reporting plugin. Remove it.

And in C:\Users\loweb\AppData\Local\Jellyfin\data you can rename the playback reporting database.

Also, at any point did your disk fill up?

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - Blaze - 2024-09-05

Deleted the specified folders and renamed that file which sadly has not fixed the issue, but Yes actually. during the migration process I accidentally copied nearly the entire shows folder to my C drive and didn't notice till the lack of disk space error popped up but that was weeks ago so I'm unsure if that would be related but can send my logs since deleting and removing the playback reporter plugin

Also thank you for going through the trouble of using my file structure in your responce I don't think I've seen anyone else do that or done that to help anyone I'm not directly friends with as it's added effort for minimal difference if someone knows how to read a file structure, but I very much appreciate that level of effort

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-06

I'm assuming some of your other plugins have their own database other than the playback reporting plugin. If possible, could you disable any other plugin that has its own database, by deleting the folders in the same manner, so that we can eliminate corrupt in plugin databases as the issue.

I suggest this because a corrupt playback report database has prevented restarts from the dashboard from working properly (and I'm not alone with this issue). So I just want to eliminate those extraneous databases as the source of the fatal error.

If after you've done this and it still fails to start, your main database may just be borked

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - Blaze - 2024-09-06

It does seem my main database is just dead in the water, so unless you have an easier solution in mind I may just need to switch to linux and restart. I've been looking for an excuse to wipe the drives on this device for a while anyways hehe...

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-06

(2024-09-06, 12:31 PM)Blaze Wrote: It does seem my main database is just dead in the water, so unless you have an easier solution in mind I may just need to switch to linux and restart. I've been looking for an excuse to wipe the drives on this device for a while anyways hehe...

One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - Blaze - 2024-09-09

So I have gotten Jellyfin up and running on the latest version of Unbuntu but am running into a permissions issue I have never faced before where it seems my mounted external NTFS drives don't have permission to be read by Jellyfin. I've tried changing my mount settings but it seems my 14tb partitions are being ignored regardless.
If you aren't able to help I'll figure it out eventually, but it's been a couple years since I decided to use debian and I definitely am not as competent as I once was

RE: Jellyfin Fails to start and defers me to logs - TheDreadPirate - 2024-09-09

How did you mount your NTFS drive? Run this command and share the output.

Code:
mount | grep ntfs