Changing Port Windows 10

Like many my patience with Plex is at it’s end. I need issues fixed with updates new menu screens pushing ad supported movies for Gods sake. I like Emby but have also heard great things about Jellyfin and would like to know how I an try it without uninstalling Emby. After Googling my initial installation failure I realized I have to change the port but have no idea how. I’m tech savvy in certain respects but not in this case.
Many Thanks

UPDATE:
I did see this but it’s honestly beyond my scope. Anything else I can do?

Github Port Issues

Hey there, sorry for the delay.

Will you be running Emby and Jellyfin on the same computer?

Basically, we use the same port that Emby does. If you try to run both at the same time, the first one to get started claims that port, and nothing else can use it.

If you’ll be running both at the same time, you’ll need to stop them both, and decide which one you’ll want to change. Once you decide, start that program, and you can change the port in the dashboard.

For Jellyfin, this means:

• Go to the dashboard
  • Go down to Networking
  • Change “Local HTTP Port Number” to any number higher than 8096 (try 8097 maybe)
  • Scroll down and click “Save”
  • Stop and restart Jellyfin

Once this is done, Jellyfin can be accessed at port 8097, and Emby can be safely started, to be accessed at port 8096.

If you’re not using Emby and Jellyfin on the same computer… let me know.

I posted this in the forum before I saw the "reply"button. So Let me tell you what’s happening:

I successfully changed my port to 8097 because I’m using Emby as well. The problem is when I start Jellyfin it still defaults to 8096 but one I manually change the port to 8097 in the address bar everything’s fine.
How can I get it to start with the proper port?

Thank You

Are you using Windows?

Yes but I’m rethinking about using Jellyfin because in the couple of hours I used it, adding videos etc. I was not impressed. They’re all properly named (via filebot) but the covers and images were WAY off. I first streamed my local content with Plex. But their quality took a nosedive. I moved on to Emby and, well I LOVE Emby and the amount of customization I can do. Then I read about Jellyfin and figured since I’m a big Emby fanboy I’ll surely like Jellyfin as well. For instance I use folder view for a LOT of videos and I have custom pics on all of them. When I added them to Jellyfin the folder pics were ALL double the size of the folder and when I went to edit them the issue remained.
Right now after spending 3 hours trying and failing to get Jellyfin going I have a pissy attitude about trying again.
Solving the server issue would be a good start though.
Thank You

Sorry about that. We’ll have to look in to folder images to see how they are behaving. We haven’t had any other reports that I know of, so it may not be used too much by others.

Regarding the port thing, you’ll want to adjust a config file. Hang on.

Make sure Jellyfin is closed first.

Then try going here:
C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\config\system.xml

There should be a line that reads <publicport> or close to it, that will say 8096. Change it to 8097, and save the file.

Start Jellyfin again.