Dependency Issue: libssl1.1 Not Installable

Unable to install Jellyfin 10.4.0-1 on Linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) - it has a dependency on libssl1.1, but that cannot be installed:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
jellyfin : Depends: libssl1.1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages

Have tried installing libssl1.1:

E: Package ‘libssl1.1’ has no installation candidate

I tried the .deb from github, tried via apt-get, and tried Synaptic - no luck. Note that the previous version (can’t recall version) I had installed used to work (but stopped working).

Right - This is unlikely to get fixed right now. There was a weird upgrade from LibSSL that happened, and since this version of Mint is based on Xenial Xerus, it’s presented complications.

Our main packager, @joshuaboniface, explains more on Reddit:

Thanks Anthony - appreciate the reply. I’ll try upgrading Mint when I find some time and see if that solves.

1 Like

@joshuaboniface @anthonylavado : Well, after trying unsucessfully to compile OpenSSL 1.1.1 (it compiled and was in use according to “$openssl version”, but still showed as an unmet dependency when trying to install Jellyfin), and losing a day updating Mint from 18.3 to 19.2 fixing all the consequent issues, I still can’t install Jellyfin, because it depends on jellyfin-ffmpeg, which in turn depends on libc6 > 2.27 (Mint 19.2 ships with 2.27), and from my research, there’s a reasonable likelihood forcing 2.28 will bork my system. Should I open an issue on GitHub?

Meanwhile, is there a way to install an older, more compatible version of Jellyfin? I really appreciate the team’s efforts to make Jellyfin a reality, and would very much like to use Jellyfin.

Thanks guys.

Sorry - never mind - managed to get 10.3.7 installed using jellyfin-ffmgeg 4.0.4-3.