Fire TV App Themes?

I just got fed up with Plex and canceled my Plex Pass, and moved over to Jellyfin per somebody else’s suggestion. I’ve got it up and running, and besides a few mismatched movies that I manually fixed, setup was a breeze.

My front end is FireTV on most devices, and I can’t seem to find anywhere to set a theme for those. Are themes unsupported for FireTV, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Hey @wrenchmonkey, I don’t believe we have themes on there at the moment.

Thanks for the response. I’ll quit looking then.

Is it on the roadmap anywhere? I know it’s probably not a top priority…

The biggest pieces that are missing are support for dynamically changing themes while the app is running, a preference to store the active theme, and some alternative themes. There is technically one alternate theme that mimics Emby’s color scheme but it’s unusable without the other 2 components. I haven’t focused on it recently due to some other projects taking priority, but it is on my list to revisit at some point.

Is there anything in particular you are looking for in a new theme?

1 Like

Nothing in particular, but the default theme is very dark. Was hoping to find something a little bit lighter/better contrast between posters, and maybe even slightly larger posters.

I’m coming from Plex, and I’m used to the posters being about 20% larger than they are in Jellyfin.

Also, not sure if it’s something that can be controlled through themes, but I much prefer scrolling down through content than across (not a big deal, just personal preference).

I get that there are probably other things that are much higher in the priority list though.