My very niche use case - hide 4K HDR movies on some stations

Hey Guys,

I have a specific use case and I wonder how I can solve it using JF.
I have a few Nvidia Shields around the house, some are connected to a 4K HDR TV and some are connected to a 1080p SDR TV.

My movie library contain mostly 1080p movies and some 4K HDR movies with a duplicate version in 1080p.

What would be the easiest way to hide 1080p duplicate movies in the 4K stations and hide 4K movies in the 1080p stations?

Thanks

It’s a bit of a pain, but I found a solution that worked for me. I created a few different user acounts and connected each of my devices to a specific user. Then I tagged all my 4k films with UHD and just my duplicate 1080p films with FHD. Then for the user connected to my 4k tv, I used parental controls to block the tag FHD. On the other accounts I did the same to block the tag UHD.

At first I thought I could get away with only tagging the UHD films, but when two versions of a film are combined you can’t edit the metadata for just one of them. I searched for an easier, more elegant solution, but failed to find anything. This does seem to work though.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good lead. How did you tag the movies? Just added FHD \ UHD to the filename?

My main caveat (with every solution and I’m guessing it is super difficult to solve) is not being able to share watch position between versions.

What I would like to do is, if I stop a UHD movie at 22:11 I can continue on another station the FHD version of that movie from the same time stamp position.