Scan Media Library failed - windows

hello i installed version 10.5.0 on windows server 2016 working fine for about 3 month
after i upgraded to 10.6.0 scan media gets failed everytime i run it.
any ideas guys?

here is the log file

progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(IList`1 children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.AggregateFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

A couple of questions:

• Can you still play any media?
  • Do you remember how you installed it the first time? Did you do the same thing this time?
  • Do you have it set up as a service, do you use the tray app, or do you run Jellyfin.exe manually?

hello anthony
thank you for reply

• yes i still can play the media only scan doesn’t work.
  • the first time i used it windows installer wizard and second time i did the same.
  • i set it up as a service and i dont have have trap app . the jellyfin starts automatically with windows server
    best
    shahin

hello anthony
do you have any suggestion?
best

I have exactly the same problem.
I am running jellyfin on a docker container.
Even with fresh install, i get this error…

We have a potential fix coming soon.

1 Like