Problem with Android

Installed the latest version posted on the Play Store, but having a problem.
After I log in the spinning circle won’t stop.
The library icons do not show any images.
I can’t play any of the live TV channels.
Before I make myself crazy trying to go any further, can someone confirm it should work with Android vers 5.1.1 on an MBOX device with 16GB RAM.

i don’t have any issue, so i can’t help, try with the beta or the web app, i prefer the web app over the native app

Sorry for the late reply. Did you try using the beta? And if it still doesn’t work, are you sure your server is turned on and you can access it in your browser?

I tried the beta; that solved 1 problem but it still doesn’t work properly. Some of the menu popups are washed out; solid white. The video is in slow motion and the audio is off.
In contrast, using VLC or Smarters to access the same programs works fine.

I have a similar Android box that my son is using. I need to compare the specs between the 2 boxes, as that one seems to work OK. I also want to see what version of Jellyfin he’s using.

Also, the web app doesn’t seem to work much better.

I think the performance of your device is bottlenecking video playback. We haven’t experienced such issues ourselves yet.

You may be right; but I’m skeptical.

Q-Box TV Box technical specifications:
CPU – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
GPU – Penta-core Mali-450MP Up to 750 MHz
Memory – 2GB DDR3
OS – Android 5.1.1
Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + SD card (up to 32GB)
Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @60 Hz with HDMI CEC support
Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet.

That said, I found out the Jellyfin version my son is using is 0.11.3.
I grabbed a copy of that and now my Q box is working pretty good.
However, I imagine that version is quite old, and the UI doesn’t look as pretty.
Add to that the 0.11.3 version is about 20 times bigger than the new beta version!

I’m using the latest version of jellyfin server and the same Q-box android box with Kodi and jellyfinkodi and have never have any issue. Accessing my media is the jellyfin server on you local network or over WAN,to me that sounds like a connection issue if you not able to access the web of jellyfin

I never said I couldn’t “access” Jellyfin. I said it didn’t play properly with the beta version.
In your case it sounds as though you don’t actually use Jellyfin for playback; you use Kodi?
I can’t see how it could be a connection issue if the earlier version of Jellyfin works fine.